Murfreesboro Greenway System

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(208)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Murfreesboro Greenway System is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Murfreesboro, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.5 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

Murfreesboro Greenway Trail System

Rest ride. Lots of people

Easy walk

Not safe for someone who is walking alone, please don’t ever walk by yourself please Please park your car near by the trail, I went hiking today with my family which 3 people, the map show me at a different location which we needed to walk through 2 tunnel and then we stop at the rail road because We didn’t know which way to go, but there was a guy he walked toward to us , We had bad feeling about this because there wasn’t anyone around, And luckily 2 bikes passed by they show us to continue to walk pass the rail road and we continued to walk on that beautiful trail to the waterfall, We saw a parking very close to the waterfall, I wished I parked there, on the way back that guy stood on the bridge also at the location where you can get rob and noone will see! This time he talked to us and then he walked again toward us, We ran he ran with us, and then another time thanks god 3 people ran on behind us, So he stopped! I feel so lucky that I didn’t go by myself, I always go hiking in the wood by myself! Imagine it was just me today! I don’t think this trail safe especially at the rail road please be careful

great trip on the trail. found painted rocks along the way and just had a good day!

didnt start tracking until more than half fone, but had a nice family walk on the greenway. first time here and very happy with the trails here!

Lots of construction

flooded

Trail flooded just north of the I-24 overpass

bridge out

Paved trail. Several spots of decent scenery. It opens early morning and closes at dark, so don't get your car locked inside the gate. Speaking of, lock your car doors and leave nothing valuable in sight... the greenway is full of homeless people and thieves... Good for running, walking, and biking, but don't expect much. Sketchy area in the middle portion and trashy. Passes by the worst parts of town. That said, I would use it to run, but not when I'm alone.

Started at Manson pike trailhead and followed to old fort park, did the loop around the playground and then went back through fortress rosecrans to Manson pike. It’s heavily used but it’s nice to run by the river most of the time and I frequently see deer at fortress rosecrans.

Nice path but homeless people in a few spots so not sure I would walk alone. Nice water sounds and plenty of shade.

walked greenway from old fort park to and around stones river battlefield. along the river was nice :)

Sun May 05 2019

simple out and back 6 miles

Sat Jan 12 2019

decent bike trail

Fri Jan 04 2019

Great place to walk, run or bike. Lots of construction going on right now. Dog parks off the greenway and playgrounds too.

Thu Oct 11 2018

Sat Aug 04 2018

Nice walk along river.

Tue Jul 17 2018

Hobo camp setup right when you go down under bridge. Garbage everywhere . Also more back alley then nature . Good for bikes I suppose

Fri Jun 29 2018

was nothing more than walking behind businesses. very polluted with trash. once you get to the underpath with the graffiti, turn around.

Sat Jun 23 2018

Unfortunately, there was trash all along the section we walked. Could have been pretty, but it was a shame to see it so unkept, especially around the water.

Tue Apr 03 2018

Wed Mar 28 2018

easy paved trail. Near the river, very pretty. Can be busy with families, people walking, bikers. At one part there is a dog park too.

Tue Mar 06 2018

All paved, would seem nice for a bike ride but not really so much for hiking. There were some pretty parts but also a lot of trash around the park. Also next to a sewer system so if it's a windy day I wouldn't advise it.

Sun Dec 24 2017

Nice greenway system that runs through the boro. Most of it is paved and good for families or bikes or hiking. Nice views of the river coming through. Couple good spots to fish and also contains some good civil war history. Wont get the adrenaline or hiking adventure bug fixed though.

Fri Nov 17 2017

It’s a great greenway as long as you avoid the Jamies and Megans.

Sat Sep 09 2017

Beautiful walkway and park that will take you to an equstrian trail that you can add to your walk. Very enjoyable. Will be back again.

Tue Sep 05 2017

almost perfect.

Fri Sep 01 2017

Fun to walk or road bike