Mount Leconte via Trillium Gap Loop Trail

Mount Leconte via Trillium Gap Loop Trail is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Share the trail with Llamas and walk behind a refreshing waterfall Your hike will begin along a easy wide and popular path to Grotto Falls. When you reach the falls you will follow the trail behind the falls. From this point you will start a steady climb to Trillium Gap maybe sharing the trail with the Llamas carrying supplies to Mt LeConte.At 2.8 mi you reach the junction of Brushy Mtn Trail which is a good resting point before the final 3.6 mi.There are several creek crossings which are tricky along with the rocks and roots.You trail will reach the backside of the cabins of Mt LeConte, turn left at the sign that reads "AT Shelter".The grassy path will go beside some more cabins before reaching the junction of the Boulevard and Rainbow Falls Trails.The piped spring you pass is for overnighters that can treat the water, if you need a re-fill the is a pump well near the lodge.For a lunch break you can sit on the porch of the lodge or take a side trail to the Cliff Tops and enjoy views from 6550'!Return using Trillium Gap Trail.

This is a fantastic hike. Great views, awesome waterfalls. Is a butt kicker but worth it!

Mount Leconte via Rainbow Falls Trail (out and back) with 1/2m Rocky Spur Overlook side Trail added in. Great Hike! We stopped in for a bagged lunch, coffee and refilled our water bottles at The Mt Leconte Lodge. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Glad we pushed on to the top, but definitely felt it coming back down. Some fire damage. Total mileage was 14.3

The best.

I love this trail. It has it all.

I didn't do this particular trail, however I did go up rainbow falls then up to Mount Le Conte from there. You've got go. It was awesome. I went on a cloudy rainy day and it was still great. Started at 1:40 and got to the top at 5:40. By 6:50 on the way back down it was already dark between the evening light and the fog. So definitely get an earlier start. But, definitely a hard trail, but I highly recommend it. Also, beware, the maps don't follow every turn. You just have to keep going because the map won't help much. Also, I came back down bullhead trail. (Side note: keep your feet dry, bring a sweatshirt in your backpack, and flashlight.)

Great hike! We took the Trillium Gap trail up and the Alum Cave trail down. It was a long day but so worth it!

Amazing. Hard. Beautiful.

Great hike. This my son and I's first time hiking the Smokys. Saw the Llama train on the way up. My best friend was along with us. Physically demanding. Beautiful. Water at the top at the Lodge. We stayed in the shelter.

A great hike. Long so plan accordingly. Happy hiking!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016

As a novice it was extremely difficult. But then, we hiked in the remnants of hurricane Joaquin. It took us almost 12 hours because we left late and hiked in the dark with only one headlamp. Still, I loved it so much I am going back.