Mount Le Conte is a 20.1 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and is primarily used for hiking, running, and backpacking.

Distance: 20.1 km Elevation Gain: 994 m Route Type: Out & Back

Absolutely incredible views! Great trail.

icy

Amazing top view

Kick ass trail with some kick ass buddies! Fresh snow and a real mans workout in Gatlinburg Tennessee. Awesome views this time of year even though it’s cloudy. Our moving time was awesome through the snow, which went from 4” to 20” towards the top with snow drifts. Couldn’t see the trail at points which made the thrill a lot better in the end. We really wanted to get a shirt at the top but the caretaker wouldn’t let us in at the lodge, so we headed back down quickly after a sock change and a snack. Made great time getting down with a nice change of pace. Will definitely be going back soon to get my t shirt. Do this trail!!

Extremely challenging. Gonna be honest, the views up top weren't that great in our opinion but the feeling of achievement on such a difficult hike made it worth it. Go early. The first part of the trail gets very crowded by those with small kids just going to the cave. Was difficult making our way around them on the way down after having been hiking for 4+ difficult hours. Bring water and snacks. Plenty of nice views on the way.

Awesome trail to hike definitely a challenge though towards the end of the trail getting to the highest end of the peak, we brought our dogs to this trail not knowing that supposedly their weren’t supposed to be dogs allowed on this trail even though their wasn’t anything posted on the trail headers or conservation maps saying this, we had plenty of d bags letting us know they aren’t but sugaland conservation center saying we can afterwards but must be kept on the leashes so expect ppl saying something to you if you have a dog, definitely recommend shoes that have ankle support terrains is pretty rocky in some areas, other than that you’ll definitely enjoy the views with this trail

During fall break, took Sydny, Chase, Mason, Jenna, and Keltin to the top of LeConte. It was first time up LeConte fir mist of the group, my 9th time. Had an excellent lunch then hung out on Cliff Tops. Great trip with great kids.

Difficult trail but very worth it ! My wife and I didn’t know what we were getting into in April 2018 as a first hike together but we made it to the lodge at the top ! Brings snacks and water and a camera! Maybe some cash to buy food at the lodge at the top of the mountain.

Started at 10:30 AM. Took a little three to four hours to get to the cliff side top of Mt. LeConte, which is where to sweet view is. I lost track of time staring out, it is now three and I and headed down. Saw llamas! Saw deer! Had beautiful nature eye candy up here. Grotto Falls was a fun walk behind the little falls, .... should have stopped to see how far I could get in the water. Next time!!!

Tue Feb 19 2019

Have hiked this trail many times. I always try to go the day or two after Christmas when everything is wrapped in ice and the trail is almost completely private except maybe two other couples and lots of deer. It is an amazing hike I would recommend to anyone even beginner hikers as this is the hike I first cut my teeth on and have been hooked on hiking every since. If tackling in the winter the things that I mainly make sure I have available in my pack are 32 oz. of water, some trail mix, headlamp, clamp ons, spare socks, some butt wiping material just in case, definitely a camera. Get you a hiking stick, and get ready to to live out one of your best memories. Happy hiking.

Wed Jan 30 2019

hike the Alum Cave to Le Conte trail back in January in a group of 9. I thought it was a great trail, some morning ice made a few spots a little challenging but it was still doable. Continued past the Le Conte Lodge to Le Conte summit and was rewarded with an amazing view.

Tue Jan 29 2019

Awesome trail! Make sure to keep going past the lodge to explore other great view!!

Sun Jan 06 2019

Leg burner going up the staircase but what a place to take in.

Sat Jul 07 2018

Great views. Nice hikes.

Fri Mar 16 2018

Great trip!!! Started just before daylight and had the falls to myself. I like this trail up to Mt. Leconte because it isnt straight up like the Alum. Great views!!!