Mossy Ridge Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(1369)
Percy Warner Park

Mossy Ridge Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 882 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a great loop that includes some steep and gradual inclines. Sections of the trail are rocky so be sure to wear proper footwear. Plenty of shade along the route but bring water nevertheless.

Great woodsy trail! Doggo absolutely loved it. We approached it from the Belle Meade rd parking, which added a mile. There were closer parking spots further down Chickerint. Follow the red signs to stay on Mossy Ridge trail. Make sure to bring water with you as it’s super hot and humid

Of the three Mossy Ridge routes listed on AllTrails, this one is my favorite (because of the availability of parking and how quickly you get to the actual loop trail). The trailhead starts at Deep Well Trailhead, then takes a couple of right turns before reaching the Mossy Ridge loop. Along the loop, there are several road crossings and trails intersections with the Horseback Trail; look for red-marked posts or trail signs with red arrows to stay on route. As with most trails in the Warner parks, there are no views along this path; it’s all about the woods (and these woods are beautiful).

Nice trail! There are so many options in the Warner parks to make your length even more too if you connect. A couple narrow spots. A couple of steep rocky climbs but overall a very good trail! Runners and walkers combined.

A great 4.5 mile loop. There is a lot of elevation, and it gets moderately rocky, so it is definitely not an easy hike. I brought my younger dog, she loved it. Wouldn’t recommend for older dogs.

LOTS of elevation on this 7 mile hike from the Deep Wells Trailhead, took 2.5 hours to complete. Muddy at points but overall not too bad given the rain we’ve had lately. Also great to see Parks & Rec workers out clearing fallen trees after the storms from the past few days!!

I’d recommend this trail. It’s pretty. Storm last night so a little muddy with fallen trees but still enjoyed it.

Great trail! Though there were a lot of people out, everyone was respectful and kept their distance.

I’d recommend it his to anyone in the Nashville area who wants to hike or trail run. It was a really great exercise, which is one of the main reasons I hike. The views were decent. It was a bit too densely forested for my taste. I like a good view from the top, but you can only see the trees in front of you the whole way through. It still included some nice things to look at like mossy banks, wildflowers, and trees. Overall I gave it three stars because it wasn’t a bad hike, but it also wasn’t that far above average.

Great trail, loved the mix of climbs and descents. Went one day after light rain and the trail only had 2-3 short muddy segments. Route is well shaded. Trail markings visible throughout the loop.

Nice wooded 5 mile hike from trailhead. Nothing particularly special about the trail but good for some quick outdoor exercise.

Left trail due to too many people and too close for quarantine.

We chose this trail as it was rated "moderate" and we had not been hiking in some time. I'm not gonna lie, it kicked my butt at times but it was a great hike. A bit rocky in places so be aware that it may get slippery. Also there's a small waterfall crossing that is really slippery, but there's a bypass. Nice park and we will definitely go back as there are tons of trails there. Our only issue was that is was really crowded and really hard to keep a 6ft distance. We got there about 830am and it was already busy. By the time we left 3 hours later it was so crowded that people were parking in the grass.

This was my favorite hike I’ve ever done! It’s a great workout, there’s lots of climbing uphill and downhill. My dog and I did this trail and she had a blast too.

Great hike!!!! Would do again in a heartbeat.

Still my favorite trail here!

it's one of my favorite spots for challenging run! be careful after a rain, but it is absolutely gorgeous for either a hike or a run!!

Perfect trail. Moderately difficult and super easy to follow. Even thought there’s a good amount of traffic it doesn’t feel crowded. Easy to find and easy parking. Loved it.

great day for a stroll forgot how good it gets your calves on this one always love it

Not too crowded. Not an easy hike but not overly difficult either.

Great morning run on one of my favorites in Nashville. I love this city!