Montgomery Bell Trail

Montgomery Bell Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burns, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park Office/Visitor Center: 615-797-9052 1020 Jackson Hill Road Burns, TN 37029

This is my stomping grounds .i love this trail .. It is as basic as a trail gets in Tennessee.. I would say it has moderate climbs up and down and the trail is well kept . Its plenty easy to get it done in a day trip for most any hikers at any level . I like to stay at the shelters along the trail often at night . They are as good as Iv see shelters on most park trails .nicer than most . They are grate for small group wanting to camp away from the camper area camping . Nice park and a nice trail .

10 miles on such a beautiful day!!!!! Love getting away from all the noise and enjoying nature like God intended!

Nice hike. Lovely in late spring early summer.

Attempted 3 night trip, staying at each of the 3 shelters for one night each. But 2nd night at Woodland Shelter i got hit with a terrific storm. High winds, thunder, lightning and hail over 4 hours. Torrential rains had me worried about continuing the loop, but the following morning all the water had drained away.
So i cancelled my third night due to incoming cold weather and continued the hike around the loop past the last shelter and back to my car. The trail was good and i had no troubles finding my way. The west side of the loop was the prettiest i thought. Wildcat Shelter was the best, sited on a small hill overlooking the confluence of two creeks. I intend to do this trip again in the future.

Very well maintained trail and the majority of the trail is well marked with clear small metal hiking signs. Be prepared for a long and somewhat strenuous hike, hence the multiple shelters scattered throughout the trail to rest. I would recommend this full 10.5 hike if you have good gear, energy snacks, and plenty of water.

One of the few loops I've found so far that are double digits in length. It's still technical enough to be challenging yet doesn't require as much elevation change as some of the others. Enjoyable for a day with the pup when I don't want to run into many other people.

I took my dog here because it's one of the few that didn't specify that a dog should be on the leash. I think they are still supposed to be, but she listens so we were good.

It's a simple walk. Not anything strenuous or no spectacular views. The park is clearly marked and easy to navigate. Walking up on the spill way was awesome. The pup really liked rock hopping.

It's a good walk. I think the whole loop would be worth while.

1/3 dirt road, 1/3 well maintained, 1/3 covered in leaves. Wouldn't complain if there weren't so many roots and rocks hidden under. Relatively nice scenery. Not too much challenge from an elevation standpoint. Went on a nice Friday with the dog and saw maybe two other people.