Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail

Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burns, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Park Office/Visitor Center: 615-797-9052 1020 Jackson Hill Road Burns, TN 37029

Pretty good trail without a lot of other people on it. We didn’t find it very difficult for a trail in the woods. It was very peaceful, the type of trail to bring a snack, sit down and enjoy the sounds of nature. (We did the 6 mile trail) There aren’t any breathtaking mountain top views but if you can find beauty in the small things it’s nice. The trails were clear and well maintained. I feel like we had no problem figuring out the trail we wanted to take. (We bought a trail map to take with us just in case but didn’t really use it for directions) Compared to other wooded trails I like this one because the woods are open enough that you can see around you. There’s a shelter and fire pit on the MB trail if you wanted to do the 10 mile trail and stay overnight. I don’t know if I would go again bc there are so many other trails in the middle TN area but it’s a nice day hike.

Great trail. A little confusing as to where to pick up the trail. The park office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays which makes no sense.

We walked through a couple partials of the trails. The trails were covered in leaves so we definitely had to pay attention to the markers. Overall it’s beautiful and i will be visit again to explore more. A great, peaceful, quiet hike close to Nashville.

There are multiple places to start this trail. I parked at the information center and walked across the street and started on the Wildcat Trail. This trail is the Montgomery Bell Trail then take the Creech Hallow Trail back to the parking lot. The full Montgomery Bell Trail is a little over 10 miles.
The hike is beautiful! Only mild complaint is that I don't like being able to hear the highway traffic. Weak ankles beware there are some rocky and rooty areas of this trail. I will hike this trail again in the future. Very pretty, very well maintained, and well marked.

When they say this trail is lightly used, they weren't joking. You're going to need a branch to wave infront of you to knock the cobwebs down. Forks in the path are not clearly marked. Take your GPS to keep from ending up in someone's cow pasture. I took a wrong turn somewhere and wound up going 7.8 miles. Don't know if I would bike this trail, but it was good for hiking, trail running, and spider fighting....

Trails are easy, and park is well maintained.

Wonderful Sunday morning hike!