Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail

Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burns, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Park Office/Visitor Center: 615-797-9052 1020 Jackson Hill Road Burns, TN 37029

Trails are easy, and park is well maintained.

Wonderful Sunday morning hike!

I wanted a moderate walk that I could do in just a few hours and this was perfect for that (I did just the 6 mile loop)! Very well marked and maintained. A little elevation in some places but not much. No overlooks or waterfalls but several nice creek-side miles.

My dog and I really like this trail it's beautiful and we never see a soul (maybe because it winter). There is a meadow near the lake perfect for picnicking and a shelter part way through the walk. There are other trails and the map that you can pick up at the nature center is super helpful.

We had an absolute blast today- myself, my 17 and 14 yr old. We did the entire 10.5 with our small dog in one day and rocked it! We are not super fit but we are super stubborn and we refused to quit..... just enough hills to give us a good workout but not hard. Scenery was beautiful and the trail was well marked. I got confused for a sec and called the park office and they quickly got a park ranger to call me back and tell me what to do.... FYI, the super cool bridge that is falling apart, that's not part of the trail. We will definitely be back!