Learn more

Miserable Point Access Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Dover, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 3.7 mi Elevation gain 265 ft Route type Out & Back
Dog friendly Hiking Nature trips Walking Bird watching Forest Views Wild flowers Wildlife Blowdown Over grown Historic site
Waypoints (0)
Photos (10)
Recordings (2)
Completed (3)
Katie Modic
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 8, 2020
HikingBlowdownBugsMuddyOver grown

Really does hold up to its name. Whatever paint marks this trail had isn’t there anymore so you really have to look to see where the trail is. Also, don’t come alone. I went 0.6 miles in and noped right back out. I watched far too many movies to know better. There were no birds whatsoever and it was sketchy. People camp in here too which is fine but I’m not trying to get slaughtered by the man in the woods or eaten by a hoard of spiders.

View Katie's Recording
Don McCasland
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 29, 2019
HikingBlowdown

Nice walk. Trail isn’t well marked, but clearly defined. We almost missed the entrance because there’s no trail head marker or plastic blaze on any trees, just some red spraypaint. Same with the very end, just some red spray paint on a tree that we walked past about 30 feet before we realized we had gone too far. Good time of the year, damp and chilly, which equals no one else on the trail. It was dead quiet. I would like to try this one again sometime in the early spring.

View Don's Recording
John O'Connor
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 11, 2018
Hiking
First to Review

This trail lives up to its name! While the drive up to the trailhead is beautiful and the trail itself looks like a challenge, I’m here to tell you NOT to attempt this trail in August. I made it .67 miles and was covered in THOUSANDS of Seed Ticks. Had to “cut sling-load” and get the hell out of there. I will save it and return in the late fall.