Learn more

Millennium Trail Loop is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Silver Point, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

In a ravine most of the time. No real spectacular views or sights. About half is flat and half is strenuous. Multiple dry creek beds. Some large trees block the path in one spot. Overgrown vegetation in many spots. Just an ok hike.

Nice trail that follows along the river for a little bit. Some parts were overgrown and there was a huge blown down we had to climb over.

Ok trail. Not much of a view in the summer. Would be better off season. Poison ivy is plentiful

What I thought was going to be a 7.4 hike, turned into a 10.2 miler. AllTrails stopped recording at 7.4 and I was still almost 3 miles from being done. Besides that, the trail was good as expected since it had heavily rained the last few days. It rained on me a couple of hours but that doesn’t bother me any. There were no others on the trail today. I saw a deer, turtle, 100’s of frogs, a chipmunk, a few squirrels. I was surprised to not see any snakes.

I enjoyed this trail! I would recommend wearing pants if you don’t want to get poison ivy. The trail is quite narrow, and the poison ivy is sometimes unavoidable. The creek running through the area is nice. There are some nice elevation gains. It is less traveled compared to some of the more popular trails in the area with waterfall views. If you’re looking to spend time with nature and get some exercise, this trail is great! If you are just looking for views, this trail is probably not for you.

nice trail but lots of flies on the base of the loop. narrow trail with lots of brush to scrape your legs so be prepared for that. over all it was easy to moderate and worth it

Great quick trail! Some rocks and some mud but not super challenging.

Beautiful trail with lots of bright green undergrowth and sweeping vines. It was pretty wet and muddy, so would recommend wearing shoes that are okay to get dirty. We wondered down several offshoots, so be sure to keep an eye on the AllTrails map if you don’t wanna find yourself off the trail.

The trail was in pretty good condition. We added the connector trail and turned around at the lake overlook for a little extra mileage . The purple trilliums are just about ready to bloom and they are quite abundant throughout the area.

The trail was very peaceful and quiet! We went during the spring time and it was a pleasant surprise. We climbed to the top of the hike and it had a great view of the caney fork river!

Nice trail. Well marked. Pleasant sounds from the creek.

Not my favorite trail. Was boring for me. I like something to look forward to hiking to... view, waterfall, something. Rangers are nice and keep an eye on the trail. Hikers are always nice.

3.5 stars. Good workout but uncomfortably overgrown when wearing shorts (we'll see how many chiggers I end up with). Hubby was spiderweb sweeper. Glad we read reviews to know not to attempt the more overgrown larger loop.

This trail had enough elevation changes to make for an okay workout, but that's about where the positives end. The back part ridge loop was completely overgrown and made for an entirely unpleasant hike. There weren't really any good views besides a few glimpses of the lake, but, again, it wasn't even a fun "hike," so a great view would have been needed to save this trail. With so many other better trail options in the Cookeville area, I wouldn't recommend this trail to anyone.

Sat Jun 29 2019

nice trail. saw a harmless black rat snake 2 minutes into my hike. so being the non snake lover I am, I kept my eyes down and sure I missed a lot. did not cross any other hikers, just me and a million spider webs

Sat Jun 15 2019

The state park is kept nice, wide pretty drive once in park. The side-of-the-road trailhead has a small parking area (5-8 spaces). Not much special about this trail. It is almost entirely under summer canopy, so the shade was nice. There are a few spurs you can take that will get you lakeside, to the narrow inlet. Trail is not marked at all, I had to guess from memory at both forks. Once on the back side of the ridge, it cools off considerably, which was nice for summer day. We ended up down the road at boat docks taking a nice summer lake-swim.

Tue Jun 11 2019

We did this trail Saturday after there had been rain. Nice and shady. trail narrows in places. It can be slippery, so trekking poles or walking stick is strongly recommended. Beautiful creek to walk along. I took an 8 yr old and 5.5 yr. old and they did well.

Tue Apr 30 2019

This trail is OPEN—lots of trees down but they have already been cut out of the way! It is a GOOD trail but I would say “Moderate” not easy!! I will definitely go back!!!

closed
Sat Mar 16 2019

Normally easy trail but moderate to hard given that a half mile of trail in 2 sections is underwater right now. Thus, trail blazing is required if you want to complete this loop. The first section under water is on the approach to the loop. The second section under water is the end of the loop before it rejoins the approach. Blazing requires walking through rocky terrain and dense foliage. There was a sign stating the trail was closed but it had been taken down, so we proceeded. When we got out, the sign had been placed back up. Besides blazing, this trail was simply a nice walk in the woods around an arm of Center Hill Lake. Due to flooding of the timber along the trail, we saw a beaver, and another group of hikers reported seeing 2 copperheads. We observed numerous deer tracks and trails as well. The trail starts out as very rocky, but evolves into a nice dirt path through the woods. We had no problem taking our dog with us on this trail. The trail was clearly marked and even features an old home place with remnants of the house at the halfway point.

Sun Oct 28 2018

Good trail with a kiddo easy to do