Middle Prong Trail

Middle Prong Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Great easy hike. Most of the beauty of this trail is in the 1st 2-3 miles as you follow a beautiful cascading creek. Steady but shallow climb out and all downhill back to the parking area.

Really enjoyed this trail, it's rated moderate because of the length the incline isn't bad at all. Wear hiking boots as there are lots of rocks in places. Get there early. We took 3 hour 38 minutes with a little break at the top. The falls aren't sign posted. You come to a wall and can turn righ or left take the little trail on the right, it's narrow but takes you down to the fall. Lovely trail lots to see along the way.

I hiked this trail by myself on February 7 2017. I only passed two fishermen within the first mile, then I had the trail all to myself the rest of the way. it is an old road, so it is an easy trail. Beautiful scenery. I went to Indian Flats Falls

Absolutely beautiful. The leaves were turning color and my eyes were dancing the whole time! It's fairly flat most of the way... by flat I mean not rocky. Ha! It's a slight uphill though. There were some challenging areas and fun paces to climb on rocks. I went down by the water and took photos at one point. The waterfall was nice that's where the challenging parts were.

What a beautiful trail! We hiked the trail today all the way to Indian Flat Falls. It's an excellent hike. I would say heavy moderate hiking. The majority of this trail was carved by a railroad company that logged the area prior to the establishment of the park, so the first 3 miles or so is wide and well kept. A lot of rocks. The views of the stream are incredible with a lot of opportunities to get down into or cross the stream. Love the huge boulders. Lots of other water falls along the way. If you maintain course you can connect to the Appalachian Trail..another 4 miles beyond the Indian Flat Falls.

Beautiful Stroll with lots of water scenery