Middle Creek Falls is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 465 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: The trail disappears about 3/4 of the way in - there is not a clear trail to follow for winter hiking.

Great waterfalls after a rain but mostly all rock scrambling.

The tail was full of debris. Lost the trail in about 3-400 yards in the the hike. Very dangerous

This place is really cool! Mostly shaded, rugged trail. Like everyone else has said theres not much trail to follow after about 1 /4 mile but it's fun. We had my 1 yr old daughter in my backpack carrier and it was necessary to keep the sun visor up because the trail has gotten overgrown. we were confused about where the trail was and ended up at the top above the falls.it was pretty and quiet up there too.

Gets better and better the farther back you go, but be ready for some bushwhacking and rock-Hopping. Not for beginners after the first set of falls. Also, make sure you can identify and avoid poison ivy and oak. It’s everywhere. Expect to clock about 3 miles if you are doing the whole thing as indicated on the Alltrails map and set aside a few hours. It’s slow going on the rocks, slopes, and brush.

my family thought this place was magical. it was so.beautiful going along a river and then after.some rock climbing and exploration it.opened up to a beautiful waterfall, well several actually. it was amazing. this would be hard for small dogs due to having to.do come climbing. I didnt feel it was difficult but a little tricky in areas. the amount of water flowing was incredible on a beautiful day! do yourself a favor and try this place out.

I believe the recent storm kicked up a lot of debris, we weren’t sure whether we were on the trail or not. Made it kind of dangerous

We went here about two weeks ago and loved it! You can easily stay away from other people on the trails as there isn't an exact route to follow. there are nice areas to let the dogs swim right off the path. The area is very rocky but a fun adventure with many waterfalls. We only went about half a mile enjoying the scenery.

There is no big sign to show where the hike is . Just two big concrete blocks with a opening in between. You park along the rode . We followed a trail a little of the way . Then we became professional rock climbers . We made it to where a beautiful water fall was .

Beautiful. Lots of water falls. Fun giant rocks to traverse.

Definitely difficult to follow the trail, as after once the trail hits the creek people have beaten several different paths into the ground, mostly to go to the water. As you continue up the creek, the original becomes more pronounced, and I'm not sure whether I was actually following the trail or not. Nonetheless, the views are fantastic, with tons of waterfalls and small pools

More waterfalls than I could count! Swimming holes everywhere! Watch out for poison ivy on trees and rocks you’ll need to grab to get through rocky parts. I will do this one again. Quick and beautiful!

This is a gorgeous hike but contains a gem not too many know about or are willing to find. About 3 miles up the river there is a natural rock water slide. It’s definitely more on the difficult side of hiking but well worth the effort. The whole hike is filled with gorgeous water and rock formations making the journey almost as amazing as the finish. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a challenge and is willing to hike for a few hours but have lots of fun doing so! Never met anyone else who has done this hike but I hope sharing this can bring a few others to this beautiful place!

This trail was an adventure. It is not marked and pretty difficult to navigate, but the views are worth it.