Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Melton Hill Greenway

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(98)
Haw Ridge Park

Melton Hill Greenway is a 11.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oak Ridge, Tennessee that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.2 miles Elevation Gain: 413 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

This is a nice and beautifull greenway for biking, walking, fishing, kayaking, and running. It has a river/lake boardwalk, woods, and small lakes.So many birds and deers to watch if you got lucky.

Great trail, very busy especially near the North end of the trail.

Grate for XC,AH and even Road bike.

Great greenway my only complaint would be parts of it are close to a main road

Nice trail for runners. Paved and not too far from the city center

Great running trail by the river. Easy but with some upwards at times.

Nicely maintained trail. The climb at the beginning is not as steep as the app makes it look. Beginning is shady in the morning. Nice views.

I enjoyed riding this Trail. The views are excellent. I was not sure what I was getting into so I took my mountain bike. The trail is asphalt with places where you can turn off the asphalt. All of the trails that I tried off the asphalt we're exceptionally difficult at least for someone my level. They have big roots and rocks but if you're into that it would be excellent for a high-level Rider. The asphalt Trail itself is a nice ride that can be enjoyed on any type of bicycle.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Hills, hills and more hills. I was looking for a long, smooth and flat ride and this was definately not it.

Tue Aug 28 2018

Always feel safe even when I am alone. This track leads to Ezra Park with woodsy trails and to Haw Ridge with more woodsy trails next to the lake. Beautiful in early morning.

Fri Apr 20 2018

Started at the very end and went until we got to the boat ramp. Had 3 kids 12, 7, 4 with us but 4 yr old did most of the trail in the trailer bc there was a few steep hills to climb. it is close to the road on some of the trail but gets more scenic and quiet near the near the small marsh and down to the boat ramp. my gps read about 11 miles from beginning and back. theres a small park on the trail with nice picnic areas and also hiking along the route. not to many bathrooms so make sure to go at the park.

Sat Dec 02 2017

Easy walk, great for dogs on leash.

Sun Oct 22 2017

Well maintained and cool year round... too close to the road.

Sat May 27 2017

This is one of my favorite Greenways not to crowded with some up hill sections to get your heart pumping and good parking

Sun May 07 2017

We love to do this trail with our kids, easy paved walk with public bathrooms at the main parking lot by the rowing center. If you start at the last parking lot on Melton Lake Dr before you hit Edgemoor it has a nice walkway that goes out with lake on one side and marsh area on the other.

Sun Feb 12 2017

Only up date is Trail is closed .4 miles past the Meiton Lake Park for work.

Sat Feb 04 2017

This is a great Greenway all paved but some boardwalk along the river, Has access to Haw Ridge mountain bike trails and another Greenway about mid way.