Meigs Creek Trail

Meigs Creek Trail is a 6.8 mile out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is best used from March until November.

lovely walk

Fun & nice trail, moderately easy, nice but small water fall 1/2 way into the hike. Was a nice hike to add to the sinks cliff jumping.

Loved this hike. The falls are beautiful. We ran into some heavy rain on our way back which only added to our fun day. At the end the kids enjoyed cliff jumping and swiming. We spent the entire day here, and am so happy we didn't have anything else to do to pull us away.

Nice little trail. Lots of creek crossings. About 1.8 - 2.0 miles in is a beautiful cascade with nobody around. Well worth the hike.

I didn't care for this one too much. I made through about 8 stream crossings before I turned around. Lots of downed trees that had been cleared and overgrown areas as well. I did make it past the huge birch tree though. I wouldn't do it again.

Moderate in difficulty. Stream crossings are numerous, keeping it interesting. Lots of downed trees across the trail near the 2.8 mile mark on April 24. Crossings can be a challenging after rain. Have fun.

Awesome hike for getting back into shape!!

If you are looking for a nice, moderate half-day hike, this is your place. We had no issues with parking at"The Sinks" which is the trailhead but I can imagine parking could be an issue during heavy season. The trail will challenge you in the first mile if you keep a quick pace...great heart rate work. Then top out over the Meggs Creek ravine itself. Downhill until you hit the creek. About 1.5 miles to the major falls, maybe a bit more. Multiple creek crossings and water was high and as it was cold weather we were challenges to hop rock to rock or tree to stay dry. Made it really a fun hike. I can imagine this is a great hot weather hike as the trail follows close by the creek after that first mile.