Maryville-Alcoa Greenway

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(120)
Maryville, Tennessee

Maryville-Alcoa Greenway is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maryville, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Beautiful hiking, strolling, biking trail around downtown creek (with a small dam waterfall.). Overall, part of a much larger greenway.

Great trail for everyone. Daily 4 mile walk. Trail closed for maintenance near dog park... got creative on obtaining my mileage goal.

Great daily walking, running, cycling inner-city trail. Beautiful greenway and creek. My daily conditioning trail.

Paved path paralleling a creek. Great for bike riding or pushing a stroller or wheelchair. Scenery consisted of dense scrub forests, slow moving creek, Large industrial buildings and mucky swamp. I imagine that the area would be buggy in warm weather. Signage makes it easy to follow the path. There is a port-a-potty about half way from the end of the trail. Several benches to rest along the path. One trash receptacle along the path.

It is a very nice and beautiful trail for families and individuals. It is surrounded by woods, streams, birds, ducks, fountains, and several bridges. It has lights all the way which makes it good for biking at night.

This greenway is surrounded by nature...streams, birds, ducks, turtles, wildflowers. Dog Park on trail for large and small dogs. Very well maintained!

Nice little trail. Squirrels and birds everywhere. I'm sure during the fall it would be a beautiful little trail.

Nice trail. Loved it! We did four miles of it. Nice and cool morning, lots of squirrels out. Army National Guard was training there. We felt super safe!

The trails are a joy to ride on. Lots of shaded areas along flowing rivers with quite a bit of wildlife. My only complaint would be the signage. Getting off-trail is very easy and without this app would have been impossible to find the turn around point. As well the mile markers on the trail make no sense at all. For example 1.5 mile North is after mile marker 3! Overall though it was a really nice ride.

One of the best greenways in the valley.

Beautiful, scenic trail. Mostly flat, a few long and short climbs. Construction around the duck pond so we had to ride the road a bit.

Lovely in town urban trail. I wanted some place to hike while my son was at an event at Maryville College. This was a nice spot to walk-very convenient-and I would bring my bike next time to be able to explore the entire loop.

I use this map ALL the time. so easy to use. I even use it when I kayak on the rivers!!!! tracks the mileage wonderfully. I don't know if you can make your own maps like Cal Topo, but still worth the buy!!!!!!

The trail begins in the town and goes across a couple of roads. I turned around at the pond near the end (which didnt smell great). The last part is just along the road. I ended up looping back on sidewalks - which I don't recommend because they suddenly stop and you have to walk on the edge of the road. There are a couple of other trails in the town that are not listed here but hook up with this trail. The part in the woods was nice and paved the entire way. Took my dog, she enjoyed it too. There is a dog park toward the start of the trail.

Mon Apr 22 2019

Love it close to home

Fri Mar 15 2019

This trail is great for running, walking the dog, or dusting off the mountain bike. This is well used and popular as you will share this with many others. This is paved the entire way with the ending at the Maryville Pond.

Fri Dec 28 2018

I couldn't find the longer trail due to flooding. Some parts of the downtown trail seemed to be not very safe.

Fri Dec 28 2018

Nice greenway, the park is beautiful and has a lot to offer kids. Being able to go far on the greenway is a perk, but sometimes there are some interesting people on it the further you get as well.

Mon Dec 03 2018

Short and easy bike greenway going along a creek. On december Monday it was not crowded at all.

Wed Aug 29 2018

Easy and attractive trail. Can be a bit noisy near traffic if you cross onto the Alcoa section of the trail. A small dog park is included on the Maryville side. Friendly people and pets. Trail is paved and used, also, by bikes.

Sun Aug 12 2018

When I lived in Maryville, I lived on this trail lol My hubby and I would ride it at least 3 times a week! It was great for scenery, wildlife and variety. It goes all thru Maryville and part of Alcoa. My favorite part was seeing all the turtles and fish in the ponds. Great greenway!

Mon Oct 02 2017

Love this trail. Made me want to get a bicycle.

Sat Aug 12 2017

Good for an easy afternoon stroll.

Sun May 21 2017

I love walking on the different sections of the Greenbelt. So many neat places along the way. Great place to walk, run, or bike, and see lots of nature.

Sun Apr 16 2017

We are on the greenway all over town all the time. They are great! They are all paved which makes it perfect for a bike ride, walking or jogging. There are restrooms and water fountains along the way and places to picnic. Just make sure you use your etiquette and announce when you come up to pass someone and don't fly around blind corners. There may be someone on the path. There have been people road biking using the greenway as if they are on the road. They go way too fast where people are walking and having a good time with their children. Other than the road bikers, the greenways are great!

Sat Jun 04 2016

Flat and crowded. Pretty for being hidden in the city, but just not my scene.

Sun Sep 06 2015

Great greenwa,easy,there was a few people but had a great ride lots of shaded trail nice sights.

Sun Aug 30 2015

Great easy ride

Sun Aug 03 2014

Really nice paved trail, My 11 month old little girl had a blast seeing all the ducks.. There are plenty of water fountain's along the Greenway, very convenient.. Next time I will go the other way down the Alcoa Greenway..

Sun Jan 26 2014

Nice city trail, but too many people for me!

Wed Sep 04 2013

Biked this, just over 13 mi. round trip, beautiful ride! Parts were flooded this evening.