Marine Railway Loop Trail

Marine Railway Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lake City, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Great intermediate trail with lots of shade, wide trails and not alot of roots, rocks nor washes. lake is at a distance a majority of the trail. between the loops (as shown on the map) there is a high water bypass and a closed trail- not on the map nor well marked returning. cabin 1-8 / 8-12 loop (north most) has a 150 yard climb if you go east (right) first. much more gradual west (left) first. parking is limited which I imagine limits traffic on this otherwise dandy Norris State Park Trail. Good job park people!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Spiders! lots of spiders. I decided to try this for my first "moderate" trail and it was pretty difficult. It doesn't look like it's traveled much, as sometimes we were wondering if we were on the trail, and we were constantly swatting spider webs out of our way. Other than that it was a beautiful hike! We parked at the tennis courts and walked to the cabins where the trial starts behind cabin 8.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Thursday, July 09, 2015

This is a beautiful and peaceful trail. The water is so blue and crystal clear. I just wish you could see more of the lake along the trail.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Awesome place to run to at last light or when times running short. you can spend thirty mins or a good chuck of the day. shore to play around is cool plus there are stake beds for fishing. took a visit late summer early fall with my dog. meet a few along the way. Water is very low in the mid to winter to early spring, revealing lots of rock formations. For a harcore hike go else where but awesome place just to kick it for the afternoon. Took a guess at miles i really dont know.