Marine Park Greenway Trail

Marine Park Greenway Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

I don’t know if I would call this a loop because it branches off in other greenways. This is one of my favorites though due to being so close to home and UT. It’s fairly easy to find off Alcoa Hwy but traffic can get bad. The trails itself offers a variety of scenes which makes for a great ride on your bike.

Well-maintained paved trail. Gradual inclines near the bridge and the UT buildings. Not a difficult short run, but multiple laps or runs above 8 miles probably deserves a moderate rating. People I came across seemed very friendly.

Great view of TN river and the wealthy peoples houses
Nice easy trail

This is an EASY trail. It's not a "Moderate" trail. It really isn't even a trail as it is almost completely paved. The incline is gradual, and I didn't feel even a tiny bit taxed to walked the whole path.

The parking lot is large but a little uncomfortable to get out of since traffic is moving at 50mph+ and curving with sight-lines impeded. The path has some nice views of beautiful houses, the lake, and some nice UT buildings.
It's very clean. I believe the UT golf team trains next to it. The other people I met on the trail were very friendly.

Thursday, May 18, 2017