New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Margarette Falls Trail

Margarette Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greeneville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 751 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very pretty hike with the morning fog. But killer on my ankles in areas because of rocks. Creek crossing wasn’t exactly fun in December but if you take your time in waterproof boots it’s no issue.

This was a perfect trail hike in November! The leaves were changing color, the temperature was in the in mid fifties-low sixties, and it wasn’t crowded but we had friendly and sometime feline company along the way. The length is reasonable and the elevation changes are evenly distributed. The natural rock staircases are my absolute favorite !

Moderate rating is accurate, waterfall is definitely worth it and if you hike up the steep trail to the right of Margaret and follow the creek a quarter mile there's another waterfall.

My 10 year old and I made it to the top. It wasn't easy for this mom with MS, but I took it slow and it was at the top of my limits but doable. Just rocky and steep towards the end, so I used hiking poles for stability and was fine. Not crowded which I love.

Great water/falls hike. Trail is steep and rocky in some spots. One creek crossing. Several nice bridges. Can be slippery.

This trail was awesome! Gradual incline and very rocky. The trail crossed across the creek at one point but you can definitely avoid the water if you carefully step across but I would recommend water shoes!

Great hike! Rocky in some places.. The waterfall was definitely worth the hike. Nice place to have a packed lunch before heading out.

Nice hike, rooty, rocky, and lots of stream crossings. The falls were down to a trickle because of the long dry spell. However, still a very nice hike. Next time I'll catch Bullen Hollow trail as well. To those careless hikers who preceded me by a day or so, PLEASE, pack your trash out. Corona beer screw off tops littered the trail.

The first 1.2 miles into the trail is very easy and good for any skill level. The next .6 miles is a rather step, very vigorous hike. However, once you’re at the top and you’re looking up at the cascading water, the hike is so worth it!! Came across a few yellow jackets, loose rock and stumps, but otherwise, a great place!

Fairly strenuous but worth it.

What a beautiful trail. You follow the trail uphill beside the creek all the way to the falls. Then all downhill on the way back. It was 1.9 mi one way according to my recording from the app! Lots of roots and rocks but also a nice cool breeze off the falls.

I really thought this one was going to be harder than it was after hearing my mom talk about it. We did it today and it was gorgeous! It is a rocky incline up to the falls, but I didn’t think it was too terrible and I’m short and chubby. It was very muddy today and there was a lot of water we had to cross. Some of the areas were pretty slippery but as long as you’re careful you’ll be fine.

This is a great day hike with a rewarding falls at the end. The trial gets rocky about halfway in and begins a fairly steady uphill climb then too. There are creek crossings so wear appropriate shoes. The rocks are not maintained so may create some issues with navigation. Animal friendly. I would say kid friendly from ages 8+.

This was a nice hike. The trail had many beautiful smaller falls and photo opportunities along the way. It can be a bit strenuous at times but overall not too bad. It was very rocky so some good boots are recommended. The waterfall was stunning. It is mostly uphill on the way in, however that means it’s mostly downhill on the way back out. Good cardio during the uphill portion. Would definitely love to go back here.

Great hike. Gets a bit strenuous with the climb but the back woods sections is only 0.7 in.

Loved the waterfall at the end of the trail! More strenuous than I expected. Signs said 400 feet but did not say how rocky and wet the climb would be. July 20, 2019 Just found out about this app from a guy I ran into on the trail.

Excellent hike, a little more strenuous than expected, but overall not too bad. The views are breathtaking! It was Very humid, and I think I left a nice pair of sunglasses at the waterfall, hopefully someone finds them that needs a nice pair. I would recommend trekking poles, it will make it much easier to cross the creek and navigate some of the rocky areas.

Went there last week with the whole family. 3 kids 9, 6, 4 years old and the dog. It was a beautiful hike. There was a few places we had to hold our younger 2 hands but it wasn't bad. We stopped at the falls and let the kids play there for a bit. The dog jumped right into the water. While my husband went ahead to check the trail he said there was a trail going pass the falls but it be to hard on the kids. So we just went back. The kids had a blast and its beautiful. Worth going back.