Margarette Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greeneville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hiked Margarette Falls 2 weeks ago. it was a nice hike. not real long or strenuous. The falls were worth it.

i fully enjoyed this hike. it includes several places to stop and cool off. it does progressivly go up the mountain.

This is a nice, not too challenging hike. It’s uphill most of the way in, so that part is a little tough. It’s easy on the way out. Waterfall is really pretty with a small wading area at the base. Dog friendly for a well behaved dog.

Loved this hike! The falls are amazing! We did have to walk through water to get there and the trail has some medium sized rocks in a few spots. I would say moderate is a good rating for this trail. So worth it though!

My friends and I were camping in Hot Springs NC, and decided to take a 45 min drive over to hike this trail. The hike to the falls is beautiful. From the trail head to the waterfall is about a 400 ft incline in elevation. Because of this, going to the falls is mostly uphill. There are parts of the trail that is just made up of piles of medium size rocks. Great place for snakes to hide. We saw two along this stretch of the trail. Overall, I would totally recommend this hike!

Did this trail last year. Trail is eroding from not being maintained. Waterfall is spectacular.

This was an incredible hike!!! For me, the cool part was how beautiful the scenery was along the way. Not only are the falls beautiful, but there are several spots along the way that were just amazing. Granted, I'm not in the best shape and it was challenging in spots, but I definitely felt like it was well worth it.

Absolutely beautiful!! It’s a little bit rocky in some parts so you have to be careful but totally worth it! We brought our dog and she loved it as well!

The waterfall is very nice. Not very populated when I went, so it felt pretty private at the waterfall. The trail itself is very rocky. Overall a great experience.

Hiking poles and Keen hiking boots came in handy for this one! The Falls were great. If you have bad knees - reconsider.

Absolutely beautiful!! A little rocky in a few spots but it’s SO worth it!!!!!

Awesome trail!

This trail is by far my favorite of all the trails I have done. Very beautiful and worth the hike (and even to the very top where you can look down below).

Beautiful hike. My three kids and I have done this trial several times and we find something new and just as awesome every time. I recommend going after a hard rain, take your time and enjoy the beauty and peacefulness.

Great trail. A little challenging, but worth the effort

great hike. not to hard or long but is very rocky and can be slick. one stream crossing that can be wet but usually can be crossed on rocks. beautiful spot to have a picnic or swim

Rocky trail, but a fairly easy hike- even with a four year old. The falls are gorgeous.

A very scenic hike up to Margarette Falls Not an easy hike but not very long either. A nice one hour in and out hike!! Will be back since it’s about two miles from my house!

Trail was rocky but the payoff at the end was well worth it.

We have enjoyed this hike each time we do it. Our most interesting trip was in a major thunderstorm a little slick on the Rocks during that time.

Well worth the hike. Lovely not a hard hike at all was able to do it with my 2yr old granddaughter.

great hike, beautiful waterfall. starts easy and then gets moderate, well worth it.

Great hike! Easy trail. Lots of beautiful cascades. Make sure to take a camera. Nice foot bridge at one crossing. Second crossing is rock hopping. If you're adventurous go up the hill to the right of the falls. There is a small path following the river. Lots of water crossings, a little rock climbing and you will find a two tiered falls in a small canyon. Well worth the extra hike. It is a rough hike to these second falls, not for the feint of heart. Hard core waterfallers hike on.

Probably the most beautiful trail in the area! I went three days ago and the trail was lined with gorgeous wildflowers, mossy rocks, and all the while you can gear and see the stream along your route. The trail does get very rocky in places and has a few stream crossings but nothing too difficult. The trail ends in a canyon with the waterfall cascading down to a pool. My dog loved swimming there, and it's an absolutely breathtaking spot.

Beautiful hike with a rewarding waterfall at the end!

I love this trail. I’ve hiked it in all seasons of the year. I don’t recommend it during icy/snowy weather because your hike on rocks can be pretty slick at times. There is a small water crossing, but there are rocks placed across that are almost always above the surface. There are multiple mini falls along the trail as well as the large one. There’s also a couple steep trails on either side of the main waterfall you can climb up.

Fairly short trail but with a nice payoff at the end. The falls at the end are truly impressive and worth the hike. You are on a gravel road for about 0.75 miles and then another 0.7 to the falls. Kind of rocky at the end, so not good for folks with poor shoes or mobility issues. You are beside a roaring creek most of the way, so that makes for a lovely sound. You have to make one creek crossing, so if the water is running high, you may have to get a little wet to get across. We had no trouble crossing, and it had rained two days before.

This hike is a hidden gem. Top notch photography location. Hike gets a little rough toward main falls. Lots of loose rock. Wear good boots.

beautiful waterfall

This is one of my favorite hikes! It’s beautiful from the beginning of the trail to the end