Margarette Falls Trail

Margarette Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greeneville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rocky trail, but a fairly easy hike- even with a four year old. The falls are gorgeous.

A very scenic hike up to Margarette Falls Not an easy hike but not very long either. A nice one hour in and out hike!! Will be back since it’s about two miles from my house!

Trail was rocky but the payoff at the end was well worth it.

We have enjoyed this hike each time we do it. Our most interesting trip was in a major thunderstorm a little slick on the Rocks during that time.

Well worth the hike. Lovely not a hard hike at all was able to do it with my 2yr old granddaughter.

great hike, beautiful waterfall. starts easy and then gets moderate, well worth it.

Great hike! Easy trail. Lots of beautiful cascades. Make sure to take a camera. Nice foot bridge at one crossing. Second crossing is rock hopping. If you're adventurous go up the hill to the right of the falls. There is a small path following the river. Lots of water crossings, a little rock climbing and you will find a two tiered falls in a small canyon. Well worth the extra hike. It is a rough hike to these second falls, not for the feint of heart. Hard core waterfallers hike on.

Probably the most beautiful trail in the area! I went three days ago and the trail was lined with gorgeous wildflowers, mossy rocks, and all the while you can gear and see the stream along your route. The trail does get very rocky in places and has a few stream crossings but nothing too difficult. The trail ends in a canyon with the waterfall cascading down to a pool. My dog loved swimming there, and it's an absolutely breathtaking spot.

Beautiful hike with a rewarding waterfall at the end!

I love this trail. I’ve hiked it in all seasons of the year. I don’t recommend it during icy/snowy weather because your hike on rocks can be pretty slick at times. There is a small water crossing, but there are rocks placed across that are almost always above the surface. There are multiple mini falls along the trail as well as the large one. There’s also a couple steep trails on either side of the main waterfall you can climb up.

Fairly short trail but with a nice payoff at the end. The falls at the end are truly impressive and worth the hike. You are on a gravel road for about 0.75 miles and then another 0.7 to the falls. Kind of rocky at the end, so not good for folks with poor shoes or mobility issues. You are beside a roaring creek most of the way, so that makes for a lovely sound. You have to make one creek crossing, so if the water is running high, you may have to get a little wet to get across. We had no trouble crossing, and it had rained two days before.

This hike is a hidden gem. Top notch photography location. Hike gets a little rough toward main falls. Lots of loose rock. Wear good boots.

beautiful waterfall

This is one of my favorite hikes! It’s beautiful from the beginning of the trail to the end

Awesome hike!!!

What east TN represents well: waterfalls, peaceful woods surrounded by giant rock cliffs making a holler. Marked well with blue blazes.

Beautiful all the way. Parts were quite rocky

We took a dog hiking on this trail and he loved it! It was snow covered and icy and gorgeous. Very easy and short.

One of my favorites! Go up to Bailey when your there.

It was a little rocky at times but overall pretty good. Not the best trail for just starting out. I was definitely feeling the burn.

Nice little trail. Have not been doing much hiking of late so it was a good one to start getting my trail legs back

great trail. wouldn't recommend for small children. parts are very rocky

Great trail though not for a beginner. its only 3 miles up and back but its a challenge. Beautiful scenery. Absolutely recommend this trail. I will certainly do it again soon. there are alao numrous other trails nearby.

Awesome hike. Beautiful falls.

From the parking lot, there's not much indication to take the gravel road (at least I didn't see any signs or markings), but we came to the trailhead sure enough. This was our first hike of our trip, and it was spectacular after a good rain! We brought our two pups and they had a blast crossing the creek and climbing the rocks. It definitely had a bit of challenge over the rocks, but it was a good quick hike. My husband, on the other hand, had a little more difficulty with a twice repaired ACL and meniscus.

We were the only people on the trail, luckily. We took our time and had a picnic by the Falls.

Wonderful hike! Very good aerobic workout for us 50 somethings! What a payoff!!

Trail marked as moderate....moderate +, closer to the Falls, the trail is rocky with larger rocks and boulders. We hiked in after a rain, the falls were beautiful.

One of my favorite trails, a bit strenuous but it's not too long. Took my mother in law here, she almost gave up but was so happy when she didn't and we got to the waterfall.

A nice hike with plenty to see. It gets a bit tough after the bridge...the trail there is composed mostly of rock sized between a pumpkin and a softball. Overall the trail is rather easy with moderate sections.

8ndiana