Margarette Falls Trail

Margarette Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greeneville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wonderful hike! Very good aerobic workout for us 50 somethings! What a payoff!!

Trail marked as moderate....moderate +, closer to the Falls, the trail is rocky with larger rocks and boulders. We hiked in after a rain, the falls were beautiful.

One of my favorite trails, a bit strenuous but it's not too long. Took my mother in law here, she almost gave up but was so happy when she didn't and we got to the waterfall.

A nice hike with plenty to see. It gets a bit tough after the bridge...the trail there is composed mostly of rock sized between a pumpkin and a softball. Overall the trail is rather easy with moderate sections.

8ndiana

The hike was easy and the waterfall was nice. Nothing special. More of a warm up than a hike.

It was a beautiful trail, a little hard for me , because of medical history, but if I did it, anyone can

Pretty easy, just one area where you need to cross a creek.

We arrived at 8:30 on a Sunday in mid-July and had a great hike. There's several lil cascades to see on the way to the falls that are very pretty to see. It's steep in several places; laden with heavy roots and loose rocks to maneuver around and a few muddy places from the water draining down the mountain into the brook. It took us about an hour to go up, but we stopped several times along the way to take pictures and see the cascades. The journey down took maybe 45 minutes. It's a great hike. My friend and I are not experienced hikers and we had no issues with this hike. We pretty much had the whole area to ourselves until we started back down the trail and ended up meeting a total of 5 people on the way down and a dog. We mingled around the falls for a good 30 minutes before heading out. Although it was an extremely hot day (in the 80's) the trail itself was shaded by the trees. The wildlife we saw was a small snake, (non-poisonous), orange salamander, a giant snail, and tons of butterflies that were in clusters everywhere. Highly recommend the trip....we will be going back.

pretty short hike. Not too difficult, it is a pretty popular place so you are sure to run across others. I've been there many times. It's beautiful in all seasons. Be careful if you go to the top, very slippery. I've almost fallen down it before ;p