Lost Spring Trail

Lost Spring Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Smithville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Not a lot to see. The views are pretty grown over and blocked. The map on the trail is even somehow confusing, which I don't understand for such a short circle. I've uploaded a photo of it, but I never saw a 2nd loop. It's not a bad trail if you're already camping at Floating Mill, but I wouldn't seek out this trail as a stand-alone activity by itself.

I was on my way back home from the window cliffs and stopped at this place for a quick hike. The hike is mostly up Hill getting to the "lookouts". The look outs are okay. Not the best. Some of the trails were blocked by fallen trees and a couple spots were overgrown. I also had to pay the day use fee ($5) which wasn't terrible. If you're in the area or already camping here, definitely check this place out. Otherwise, it's just alright

Not a real long hike, but very beautiful views when you get to the end of it.

Great little hike for families. We had no issues with locals, but were here in the off season.

Monday, July 29, 2013

People here are snotty and BEWARE where you get out of the car (with your dog) and start looking for the trailhead. You may be sacrificed by the locals who live in the campers. Lol. We almost got jumped by some old lady here because our GPS lead us to the wrong spot to start. Lol. Decent trail though.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Unbelievable how rude the attendants are... We were stopped and Confronted by the older lady that runs the day area by the trail. WHATEVER you do, don't take the wrong road- they all work together in making sure the experience is ruined. It reminded me of the movie "anger management".. We were calm and looking for directions and they kept telling us to "calm down" while they freaked out! Unreal!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Monday, June 27, 2011

This trail is very easy. The first part is primarily uphill and provides a nice calf workout. The top is flat with two scenic overlooks of Center Hill Lake. The last part is downhill. You have a choice to go back the way you came or circle around to an amphitheater. It's not a very technical trail at all and it has limited parking at the trail head. There are other activities (boating, fishing, swimming, camping, etc.) to do around the area besides hiking alone.