Lost Creek Falls Trail

Lost Creek Falls Trail is a 0.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sparta, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

bridge out

Still searching for trail details An easy to hike to waterfall and unbelivable cave-with a waterfall in it as well. Lost Creek Falls 60' is only .2 of a mile hike form the parking area. The cave is right across from Lost Creek Falls. The most difficult thing about this adventure is finding it. It is on private property, but people are welcome to use it, just don't litter and even better pick up a piece of trash while your there. So to get there:

Pretty cool place. Been wanting to check it out for a while. Was not disappointed. Took my 6 year old. Short walk from the parking area. Waterfall was really nice. The cave was closed d/t the bats hibernating. Will definitely go back when I can go all the way thru!

Short hike but worth it! Waterfall was amazing. The cave is to the left off the trail on the way back to the parking lot. It was closed for hibernating bats just a couple days ago when I was there. It isnt as hard to find as I had read- there are signs for it on the road.

Beautiful with a neat cave to explore

Great place to visit! A little too treacherous for me though

great hike! trekking the cave is a lot of fun and rewarded with the waterfall at the end. a little bit of climbing is involved but nothing too strenuous. definitely worth the trip!

loved this trail! not very long, but such a beautiful place! wish I would have read the comments better and known about the waterfall in the cave...didn't have much time to explore anyway because it was getting late. next time we're out this way we will be back with a whole day for this area. great spur of the moment hike

Gorgeous fall and cave. We explored a little in the cave but didnt go all the way back. Met a local and he said there is a waterfall all the way back but it's a mile or so back. Make sure you bring good flashlights/head lamps because it's pitch black. Bring jacket it is cold in the cave. Not much hiking involved the trail pretty much takes you right to fall and cave but it was neat to explore the area around fall and cave

This was an amazing hike! I took my daughter who is 15 & her friend who is 14. We were ready with headlamps and sturdy boots. The waterfall at the back of the cave was well worth the time it took us to go!

Beautiful, short hike. The falls are gorgeous. We went into the cave to see the waterfall in there. It was about half a mile back in pitch black. When we finally got to the point where the falls were (we could hear them but not see them) we were not sure how to get over to them. The falls go into a big, deep basin and falling is probable if you are not careful. The cave hike is NOT for children. Make sure you have a strong flashlight and fresh batteries.

Be sure to check out Ryland Cascades also. These are located past the parking area on the left side of the road. There is a small pull off where you can park and then take the half mile trail to the falls.

The waterfall is beautiful and the cave is awesome. However, because of the rocks it's very difficult to explore the cave with young children.

This place was awesome. Best on the trip so far. We went sooooo far into he cave!!!

Such a cool place to explore and the directions take you straight there. Def check out the cave and go all the way back, flash lights are a must!

short but sweet little walk!! want to go back with a headlamp with batteries that aren't dead!

One of my favorite places around! The cave is the best part, I would suggest going with a group through the cave and have plenty of water and flash lights. I had a blast!

The waterfall outside is the main feature of this location. It's not recommended that you go into the cave. You actually need a permit to do so.

Monday, February 20, 2017

The trail is pleasant, but if you're adventurous and have a few flashlights, then definitely go into the cave. The lost waterfall is spectacular

Saturday, November 26, 2016

loved it we when of the beaten path

Saturday, October 22, 2016

It wasn't a lot of water but I thought it was beautiful. LOVED it!!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Falls weren't super impressive in themselves but the area was still stunning! The cave looks like a blast as well but bring a flashlight and some sturdy boots!! Definitely will be returning after a good rain and/or with some boots and a flashlight!

Saturday, September 17, 2016