Licklog Ridge Trail

Licklog Ridge Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Copperhill, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Spent a majority of the summer 2016 in the area enjoying the kayaking this area has to offer. Hiked this trail. Good for solitude and fitness but nothing in terms of peak views, regardless a nice quiet hike for the weekend.

Used this trail as part of a loop with Big Frog and Rough Creek trail. We did the descent on this trail. I enjoyed some of the overlook opportunities and listening to the falls in ten distant. We did see turkey and other large wildlife signs.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I hike this trail quite often and I consider it a good trail. Steady climb from trail head, nothing real steep or technical. Not many views except where trees are cut for power lines. I've seen bear on several occasions but they are easily spooked.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Hiked this trail to access Benton Mckaye trail atop Big Frog Mountain. Steady , gradual climb for about 6 miles to BMT intersection.I would say moderate in terms of difficulty. No water sources until BMT intersection where there is an intermittent spring,which had water on my trip. A few decent views along the way. IMO worth the effort.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Decent hike, especially late fall when foliage is off trees offering some nice views you won't see otherwise.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Great, easy to moderate backpacking with nice winter views and a decent lookout.