Laurel Falls Trail

Laurel Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

paved

Dogs and pets are not petmitted in Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Laurel Falls is one of the most popular destinations in the park and parking at the trailhead is limited. The area is especially busy on weekends year-round and on weekdays during summer. Laurel Branch and the 80-foot high Laurel Falls are named for mountain laurel, an evergreen shrub which blooms along the trail and near the falls in May. Though the trail is paved and suitable for strollers, this trail gets very crowded. Having a stroller may slow you and other travelers down.

This is a great little trail that pays off with really gorgeous falls. We got to the parking lot around 8:30 and were able to find a few spots left. This trail is heavily trafficked and after a few hours it was packed. Get up early and don't slip!

Great trail but very crowded. There were multiple times we had to step off of the trail to let others pass. Our 4 year old walked almost the whole way up and rode her stroller down. She did complain a lot that she was tired, but she made it. I wore our 1 year old. Beautiful trail and views that ends in an amazing waterfall.

Great hike and paved. Even in the rain. Views were great and so was the waterfall.

This was my first hike. It was a good one to start out on. It was crowded, even on a Thursday so I can’t imagine the weekend. The falls were beautiful and I would do it again...after I conquer others.

Easy hike with a beautiful waterfall

Laurel falls itself was beautiful, several nice overlooks on the way. Only reason for a star deduction is that it's a paved gravel trail that could use maintenance.

This trail is one of the best we have been on. The trail is paved and easy to walk. It is a slight grade the whole way up but a piece of cake the whole way back. It was a beautiful double falls when you arrive. Great photo opportunity!

We walked this trail on Monday and the parking lot wasn't too crowded at 9, but when we left we were almost blocked in. It's paved, but it's a steady up. We also went beyond to the Little Greenbrier Trail junction and only ran into a couple of others. We consider that part of the trail moderate and we didn't go all the way to the Cove Mountain Trail. Beautiful old trees and wild flowers and we even saw 2 large deer!

Perfect weather on an April late afternoon, lots of people were hiking this trail parking was almost full. Nicely paved and maintained trail so that family members can enjoy-grandma to toddler. Spectacular Mountain View’s and a beautiful waterfall.

Very easy. Recommend for family with kids. View is meh.

Great time easy for kids

Nice trail on a day when 441 into the park was closed. Easy and cool waterfall experience. Lots of families on this trail so lots of activity. You can go beyond the waterfall to see some old growth trees and have some quiet time. Not sure I would add this to my itinerary if the park is open.

Nice easy walk. Very busy.

Lovely trail but super crowded. Nice views and the falls are beautiful. Keep hiking past the falls for a nice quiet hike in the woods.

Way too crowded. But should be expected with it being a paved trail.

An easy, nice hike, but crowded. Some nice views on the way, but lots of people from trailhead to the falls at the end.

Pretty walk but very crowded. Not much room to enjoy the falls. I have same size falls back where I live. Much less crowded too.

Great hike for families with little ones. Our family enjoyed this trail, but was definitely not challenging...hence being great for families with small kids, or the elderly. The fall was beautiful!!! We sat and ate by the waterfall. The trail was definitely more “man-made” which is good for those who are not looking for a difficult trail, so feasible for all ages! Great for first-time hikers to get their feet wet!

I found this to be a boring walk in the woods on a paved trail the whole way. The falls are ok, but for the first week of April was crowded. Maybe because of spring break.

August 2017

Great hike with little ones. We have children 3, 7 and 13. Quite busy and pressed for parking. Pretty crowded when we reached the falls and didn’t hang around for long. Some beautiful views nearing the falls. Would recommend for first time hikers or with little ones and going early to miss heavy crowds.

Trail is an easy out and back climb. Very busy trail today.

Busy, but enjoyable and worth it.

The hike was pretty easy and took us a couple of hours from car to car. However, the falls were pretty crowded. I’d definitely recommend this during the sunrise.

The Falls is beautiful, but the crowd of people on the trail make it difficult to enjoy this hike.

An easy hike with the benefit of a waterfall.

Great trail, challenging, but easy enough for most to be able to complete. I love that there is a beautiful waterfall at the end.

A very beautiful waterfall and easy to get to. Plenty of parking but I can imagine it fills up fast at the height of tourist season. 2.4 mile walk, on a paved trail.

Awesome trail and easy to get to waterfall, paved trail and well traveled,