Lakes of Bowie Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(90)
Bowie Nature Park

Lakes of Bowie Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Fairview, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: Due to Governor's Safe at Home Measures/ COVID-19, this park's facilities and parking lot are closed however it is accessible to foot traffic. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

This is a nice and easy trail for kids and dogs. There are lots of picnic benches and little trails along the way. It was pretty muddy in some spots, but not terrible. The bathrooms are open now. The park was busy, but the trail was quiet.

Highly recommend this nature trail!! Turtles, fish, clams, tadpoles, frogs, and ducks were seen among the creeks, lakes, and beautiful trees, many gorgeous pine trees. Very well marked and taken care of!

Very nice little area just outside a small town. Maybe 10 miles of trails available with some paved and some through the woods. Perimeter trail is the longest t there is also a really nice lake hike Lakes of Bowie strong several trails together to go past all of the lakes in the park. Some better than others, of course, but it’s a nice easy hike. Great for dogs.

I would not call it a hike but a nice and pleasant walk in the park. The park was mot crowded with smoke opportunities to take some nice photographs. we enjoyed our walk

Very pretty! Nice and secluded

Mon Mar 11 2019

nice clean trail

Mon Jan 14 2019

Nice add on if you hike the Perimeter Trail but want to do a little more.

Wed Oct 10 2018

I was skeptical of Bowie Nature Park after a so-so experience on the Horseshoe trail, but I am so glad I gave this trail a try! I started out on the Lake Van trail which is very scenic but the terrain is quite uneven with a lot of tree roots to step over. I then connected to the Loblolly trail- very wide and even with some of the biggest loblolly pines I've ever seen. The Twin Lakes Loop trail took me to Lake Byrd and Lake Anna, small but very peaceful bodies of water with picnic shelters near by. I was struck by the contrast between the more wooded Lake Byrd and the openshore of Lake Anna. I took the Sycamore Springs trail which took me past its namesake spring with a tiny waterfall, the sound of which is louder than you might expect from such a small creek running parallel to the trail for a bit. I linked up with the Perimeter trail to return to the parking lot, and that last hill is quite steep to finish strong! I got a great overview of what Bowie Nature Park has to offer, and I will definitely return again for more. I also noted that this park felt exceptionally safe despite being rather isolated for stretches, and I, like other women I saw along the way, was comfortable being on my own here.

Mon Jul 31 2017

Awesome trails, made our pup happy! Lots of Horses.

Sat Jul 08 2017

Tue Jun 27 2017

Went Sunday interesting and pretty maybe moderate for some

Sat Jun 24 2017

great walk, not a hike but very beautiful walk.

Tue Sep 06 2016

Easy and customizable (lots of trails that connect to others)! Medium traffic

Tue Jul 19 2016

Very nice. We met a ranger who was very friendly and informative

Thu Jun 30 2016

love the park.

Sun Apr 03 2016

Trail is in great shape (except for the occasional horse piles) and just beautiful. Lots of big fish (bass and panfish) in the lakes including what looked like a monster goldfish in Upper Lake. We'll be back again to see if we can tackle the perimeter trail.

Fri Mar 11 2016

Very nice trails. Loved seeing horses but watch your step.

Sat Aug 22 2015

Great place for a short hike in a beautiful wooded setting not far from Nashville Tn

Tue Feb 10 2015

Really enjoyed the biking on this trail, although it could have been marked a little better!

Wed Aug 27 2014

I agree with Jessie Jahne. This is a pleasant walk. And couldn't agree more that the towering pines were the best part. We considered taking a break to just lay down in them. A ton of options on how you complete your own track but cant go wrong. Plus, its less than an hour from Nashville.

Thu Oct 03 2013

I'm not sure that I would qualify this one as an actual "hike." It's more of a pleasant walk through the woods. It's beautiful and worth it, though, as you'll walk through several different types of forest scenery, as well as pass by a few small lakes. Lake Anna was the prettiest, in my opinion. The towering pines on the Loblolly Loop were my personal favorite... It felt like walking through a cathedral. There are lots of different short trails that allow you to create your own loop, depending on how much time you have. I really liked that they provide maps at the trailhead. This would be a great trail for kids, (there's also a fantastic playground in the park) and our small dog loved it as well. She tires easily so we don't take her on our more strenuous hikes, but she loved this! Lots of wildlife on this one too, particularly waterfowl. Pretty and relaxing!

recorded Lakes of Bowie Loop Trail