Jump Off Trail via Appalachain Trail

Jump Off Trail via Appalachain Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, birding, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

There is a restroom at Newfound Gap close to the trailhead.

10 minutes ago

Almost the exact same hike as Charlie's Bunion but a bit shorter and worse view in my opinion. The actual trail that goes up to the Jump Off can be hard to notice since the signage is not all that great but it is maybe 0.1 miles after you take a left at a split off and it will be on your right just after the sign. The view itself is pretty good but I found Charlies Bunion to be better. And if it is cloudy on the trail you probably shouldn't bother with the Jump Off since the view will almost certainly be blocked.

I would rate this trail as highly moderate/hard, ran into a bunch of wild life! One of the best Hikes I have ever done! Please be careful on the jump off. It's a straight off drop! Not much room for error In certain areas. Very rocky and over growth. There are lots of mini trails that go off the main one. I highly recommend hiking them. Usually lead to a nice view or a unique structures/formations.

We got there around 10:00am and it was very cloudy so we hiked to Charlie's Bunion and went back up the Jumpoff around 3:30, the views were much more impressive once the clouds had moved. The trail was not very populated.

Squirrels present. View was also nice. Not as cool as the squirrels.

The view is absolutely worth every step. I would definitely hike to this spot for the view again!

Broad and well maintained trail. I recommend doing Charlie's Bunion instead for a much better view. It took me 1 hour to get to the drop off. It's only 2.6M round trip to Charlie's bunion, or only 2M more on relatively little incline.

Amazing views.

Wow! That was a long hike as we added in the Charlie Bunion trail also. It was exactly what I imagined the AP trail to look like. The views are amazing. We saw deer, squirrel and birds. Great trails. Took amazing photos and drank so much water.

It was a thought hike in the icy path, but totally work it! Great views