Jones Mill

Jones Mill is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Juliet, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Nice trail. Great for the dog. Not crowded.

really beautiful trail. lots of wild flowers and lizards. I think it's used more for biking than hiking, but the bikers were very courteous. I believe they just added on to the trail and it isn't marked very well and all and can be pretty confusing after a certain point. Once that is sorted it will get a 5star from me for sure.

First off, this is a single track mountain bike trail. Primary usage is mountain biking and not hiking. Prepare to move out of the way if you are hiking.

Good trail. It can get overgrown some and leave with some slappers. I like the multiple paths you can follow. Good mix of roots and rocks and neither.

In Rutherford county. Wish there was a little more shade but other than than,

Great hike, found a trail that brought us down to the lake! Beautiful!

Haven’t been in years. But heard about new trails that are being added. Spiced things up a bit. Lots of fun. Jones Mill is the first trail I learned to bike on years back. Good all around trail.

easy trail... it seems to be over before you know it..

This was my first mountain biking trail. It was a lot of fun and good views of the lake. Even the bald knob part of the trail was not really any more difficult than the rest. When I got done I wanted to do it again! Will definitely be back!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Coming from Long Island NY , I'm very familiar with Pine Barrens. We went here specifically to take a easy loop hike with my 2 small dogs. Well on the plus side, there was no one there. If I was biking, I would give it more stars but for a hike it was boring. Trails narrow and built for bikes with a lot of loose rocks. My wiener dog was not digging it..

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Long Hunter State Park is my go to park. I enjoy this hike through Cedar Barrens, avoid it on the weekends since it IS Mountain Bike Trail. I have NEVER seen bikers there during the week.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

beautiful vistas of the lake there arent. you can kind of see the lake through a heavy growth of trees but i would hardly call it scenic. that said.... the beginning loop is nice with a wide variety of trees and succulents. the trail is mostly in the shade but there are a few open sunny spots. i saw a pair of wild turkeys on my return loop here. i would recommend the first part of the trail but skip the loop to bald knob.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Decent trail. Fairly flat. Some narrow trail spots.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Short trail that is easy to complete. Good trail if you want to get out, but only have a small amount of time. Nice views of the lake from Bald Knob.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

It was an ok hike. Not very scenic. But was easily done with a nine year old.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Nice short hike if you want to get outdoors, but nothing that great about it.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

3.5 truly

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Good Trail Run - I would rate it moderate not easy. It is fast but lots of rocks and stumps to navigate. Plan on tripping up along the way. I ran the main loop to Bald Loop then back to start, then main loop one more time and it was 5.5 miles-about 55 min. Overall good trail but you really have to watch out for bikes. Not crowed on a Sunday morning at 8:00 am. I prefer Bryant Grove but this one has more elevation.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Trail is easy to follow and marked well. We live very close, so we go here often to walk our dogs. We've hiked to some beautiful places and this one just doesn't measure up.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Not as long as the site says. Pretty easy! And well marked.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mapped it with the app and it's more like 3.8 miles. Disappointed.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Did the whole loop. Trail is well maintained, but incredibly rocky. Make sure tires and bike are well maintenenced. Overall trail is fun and will go again.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Well maintained and not too busy trail, it is fun for mountain bike or hike.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Relatively flat and even. New to trail running and not particularly fast, but found this to be an easy run and picked up good speed on some of the portions. Enjoyed it.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rocky but nice over look at knob hill
Nice walk with the dog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great trail for a day hike with our dog! Not a busy trail but still well maintained and well marked. If you do the full loop there is a view of the lake, a bridge, and a cool rock formation.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Nice hike close to home. Pretty easy, with minimal views. Still plenty of wildlife, but nothing exciting. We like that it's not too busy and we can bring our dog.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

A++++ GREAT TRAIL TO WALK WITH THE DOGS AND WIFE!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hiked the tail today and like Lauren said it is longer than the 3 miles stated. trail is well marked and maintained, but I suspect its a lot more fun on a bike than a hike. The lower portion of the trail brings you within ear shot of Percy Priest lake but that's about all. I prefer the Volunteer Trail day loop 4 miler to this loop, but Its nice to have variety and I will hike it again.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hiked this today. Grabbed a map for the trail before heading on it. Map wasn't very helpful, and this trail is actually 4.08 miles long. It was a good hike, and I would definitely agree that it should be called moderate. However, the distance on this should be corrected. It was pretty muddy, so wear hiking boots if you're going on foot!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rode this trail today with the wife.
Not too hard a trail, minus climbing a few rocks and what not. Not a whole lot to see other than trees...
But overall a fun ride.