Jones Mill

Jones Mill is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Juliet, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Haven’t been in years. But heard about new trails that are being added. Spiced things up a bit. Lots of fun. Jones Mill is the first trail I learned to bike on years back. Good all around trail.

easy trail... it seems to be over before you know it..

This was my first mountain biking trail. It was a lot of fun and good views of the lake. Even the bald knob part of the trail was not really any more difficult than the rest. When I got done I wanted to do it again! Will definitely be back!

Coming from Long Island NY , I'm very familiar with Pine Barrens. We went here specifically to take a easy loop hike with my 2 small dogs. Well on the plus side, there was no one there. If I was biking, I would give it more stars but for a hike it was boring. Trails narrow and built for bikes with a lot of loose rocks. My wiener dog was not digging it..

Long Hunter State Park is my go to park. I enjoy this hike through Cedar Barrens, avoid it on the weekends since it IS Mountain Bike Trail. I have NEVER seen bikers there during the week.

beautiful vistas of the lake there arent. you can kind of see the lake through a heavy growth of trees but i would hardly call it scenic. that said.... the beginning loop is nice with a wide variety of trees and succulents. the trail is mostly in the shade but there are a few open sunny spots. i saw a pair of wild turkeys on my return loop here. i would recommend the first part of the trail but skip the loop to bald knob.

Decent trail. Fairly flat. Some narrow trail spots.

Short trail that is easy to complete. Good trail if you want to get out, but only have a small amount of time. Nice views of the lake from Bald Knob.

It was an ok hike. Not very scenic. But was easily done with a nine year old.

Nice short hike if you want to get outdoors, but nothing that great about it.

3.5 truly

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Good Trail Run - I would rate it moderate not easy. It is fast but lots of rocks and stumps to navigate. Plan on tripping up along the way. I ran the main loop to Bald Loop then back to start, then main loop one more time and it was 5.5 miles-about 55 min. Overall good trail but you really have to watch out for bikes. Not crowed on a Sunday morning at 8:00 am. I prefer Bryant Grove but this one has more elevation.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Trail is easy to follow and marked well. We live very close, so we go here often to walk our dogs. We've hiked to some beautiful places and this one just doesn't measure up.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Not as long as the site says. Pretty easy! And well marked.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mapped it with the app and it's more like 3.8 miles. Disappointed.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Did the whole loop. Trail is well maintained, but incredibly rocky. Make sure tires and bike are well maintenenced. Overall trail is fun and will go again.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Well maintained and not too busy trail, it is fun for mountain bike or hike.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Relatively flat and even. New to trail running and not particularly fast, but found this to be an easy run and picked up good speed on some of the portions. Enjoyed it.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rocky but nice over look at knob hill
Nice walk with the dog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great trail for a day hike with our dog! Not a busy trail but still well maintained and well marked. If you do the full loop there is a view of the lake, a bridge, and a cool rock formation.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Nice hike close to home. Pretty easy, with minimal views. Still plenty of wildlife, but nothing exciting. We like that it's not too busy and we can bring our dog.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hiked the tail today and like Lauren said it is longer than the 3 miles stated. trail is well marked and maintained, but I suspect its a lot more fun on a bike than a hike. The lower portion of the trail brings you within ear shot of Percy Priest lake but that's about all. I prefer the Volunteer Trail day loop 4 miler to this loop, but Its nice to have variety and I will hike it again.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hiked this today. Grabbed a map for the trail before heading on it. Map wasn't very helpful, and this trail is actually 4.08 miles long. It was a good hike, and I would definitely agree that it should be called moderate. However, the distance on this should be corrected. It was pretty muddy, so wear hiking boots if you're going on foot!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rode this trail today with the wife.
Not too hard a trail, minus climbing a few rocks and what not. Not a whole lot to see other than trees...
But overall a fun ride.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Great trail. Lots of loose rock, some 8-10" off the ground. Nothing that'll make you flip over the handle bars and knock your two front teeth out, team player...but enough that you have to pay attention. Plenty of roots too. Anyway, air your tires up right and have fun. Not a long trail but enough to have a good time. Saw 6 other riders, all very nice and friendly.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nate, the first reviewer has it. Two loops, two different worlds. One is wooded, and the other leads you through sections of cedar glades. A good, fun mountain bike trail. Not too technical for the most part, just some areas of large rocks and roots where you have to pay attention. Be careful when on the connector trails, as the traffic is two ways. Overall, a a fun ride of loose rocks in the glades and dirt in the wooded areas.

Friday, May 31, 2013

My first mountain bike trail I can't wait to go back and try it again had a lot of fun......

Monday, November 19, 2012

My first experience on a mtn bike trail. Close to home, very quiet and peaceful, great scenery. The trail didn't seem too tough for a beginner. Roots and loose rock was a bit tricky at first, but after several tours I think I have it down. Most rocks and roots are short and manageable. Not a lot of switchbacks, but enough to make it interesting. Can easily do 2 rounds back to back. Very dependable trail.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jones Mill is a great loop trail and hike through the woods that gets you away from the city. Not too crowded at anytime, went during the week and was the only one on the trail. Flat terrain with a few climbs and glimpses of Percy Priest Lake. Be sure to take the Bald Knob connector at a little over a mile into the trail to hike up to a fantastic overlook of Percy Priest.