Jones Mill

Jones Mill is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Juliet, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Coming from Long Island NY , I'm very familiar with Pine Barrens. We went here specifically to take a easy loop hike with my 2 small dogs. Well on the plus side, there was no one there. If I was biking, I would give it more stars but for a hike it was boring. Trails narrow and built for bikes with a lot of loose rocks. My wiener dog was not digging it..

Long Hunter State Park is my go to park. I enjoy this hike through Cedar Barrens, avoid it on the weekends since it IS Mountain Bike Trail. I have NEVER seen bikers there during the week.

beautiful vistas of the lake there arent. you can kind of see the lake through a heavy growth of trees but i would hardly call it scenic. that said.... the beginning loop is nice with a wide variety of trees and succulents. the trail is mostly in the shade but there are a few open sunny spots. i saw a pair of wild turkeys on my return loop here. i would recommend the first part of the trail but skip the loop to bald knob.

Decent trail. Fairly flat. Some narrow trail spots.

Short trail that is easy to complete. Good trail if you want to get out, but only have a small amount of time. Nice views of the lake from Bald Knob.

It was an ok hike. Not very scenic. But was easily done with a nine year old.

Nice short hike if you want to get outdoors, but nothing that great about it.

3.5 truly

Good Trail Run - I would rate it moderate not easy. It is fast but lots of rocks and stumps to navigate. Plan on tripping up along the way. I ran the main loop to Bald Loop then back to start, then main loop one more time and it was 5.5 miles-about 55 min. Overall good trail but you really have to watch out for bikes. Not crowed on a Sunday morning at 8:00 am. I prefer Bryant Grove but this one has more elevation.

Trail is easy to follow and marked well. We live very close, so we go here often to walk our dogs. We've hiked to some beautiful places and this one just doesn't measure up.

Not as long as the site says. Pretty easy! And well marked.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mapped it with the app and it's more like 3.8 miles. Disappointed.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Did the whole loop. Trail is well maintained, but incredibly rocky. Make sure tires and bike are well maintenenced. Overall trail is fun and will go again.