Indian Flats Falls via Middle Prong Trail

Indian Flats Falls via Middle Prong Trail is a 8.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

This was a great hike! I did it with my 6th grade girl for a special mother daughter day trip. Loved walking beside
Water most of the way, and so many butterflies! We were able to find the old abandoned car which was really cool.
When you see a rock tower on your right there is a little trail that takes you to it right off the main trail..definitely worth looking for. We were the only ones on the trail the whole time, and had the falls out to our selves.

Sick!

Been a favorite for years. Hiked with grandkids over Labor Day.Started very early in the morning and had the falls to ourselves for almost an hour. Observed numerous salamanders hiding in the rocks near the water's edge

Loved this trail. It has been favorite in the GSMNP so far.

Hiked the trail a couple of days ago. There were very few other hikers so it was great basically having the trail to ourselves. Sadly, the falls eluded us as there are no markers and dummy me didn't think to open the app for further guidance while we were hiking (yes, my first time using this app). I later figured out that because I had downloaded the trail map I could have looked at the map on my phone (even tho no service) to see how close we were... nonetheless, we had a great hike - the river and foliage were fantastic and we even saw a bear cross the trail 30-40 yards in front of us! Can't wait to come back!

Beautiful hike! Trail down to the waterfall is steep and rocky but well worth the refreshingly cold water waiting for you. Had a 4 and 9 year old that completed the hike. It took about 4.5 hours round trip.

By far the most beautiful hike I have ever seen! The entire journey up features the creek and waterfalls. The trail is wide and full of gravel to welcome all level hikers. Don't let the 8 mile trek scare you off, it is well worth it! Even if you are unable to make it up all the way don't worry, every step has a surprise waiting for you. When you're on your way up to the falls you will encounter a wide "footbridge" #2, shortly followed by a 4ft rock wall. When you see the wall, you will see a narrow trail. Use your ears and you will find the falls! Enjoy!

we found this when someone walking back from the trail told us about it . its a waterfall you do not want to miss loved it

I did this hike with my 4 and 6 year old kids. Nice hike with beautiful scenery. Multiple waterfalls along the way to look at. The trail to the Falls is easy to miss. I missed it and ended up about 2 miles from the Appalachian Trail. We backtracked and finally found the trail. Wow! It was secluded and beautiful! We ate a quick lunch and the kids played in the water, which wasn't too deep. We were thoroughly tired by the time we got back to the car...probably due to the extra 4 miles we hiked. All in all, wonderful hike and I would recommend...probably with older children.