Indian Boundary Lake Trail

Indian Boundary Lake Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Tellico Plains, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Easy hike! Great for kids!

The trail is DOG FRIENDLY. Amazing place, beautiful mountain views, easy stroll. Should’ve brought kayaks! Will definitely be back to car camp & kayak. Total hidden treasure... actually considered not leaving a good review so as not to attract more people & dogs to this slice of heaven.

Great place to camp & trail is very close to campground. Run, hike, bike. Beautiful views as well. You can also canoe, kayak on lake. No big motors allowed or jet ski's.

My review is from the perspective of an amateur landscape photographer.

First the trail is easy to find, relatively flat and well maintained. It took me about 70 minutes to walk the 3.1 miles. If you can walk, you can do this trail.

Photographic opportunities were typical for a Lake. Lovely scenes but nothing really stood out. Except for one terrific spot on the southwest shore. There’s a wonderful composition with the mountains across the lake and reflections in the foreground. Trees help frame the shot. Best shot within 90 minutes or less of sundown

There are also some nice sunset reflection compositions at the north end of the lake and near the boat launch

If you are from the East Tennessee area then this hike is worth the effort. If you are visiting from out of town your time would be best spent in the Smokies or the Blue Ridge Parkway

I was here for the 2017 Eclipse, amazing views for Totality. I will never forget it!

Great easy hike with my parents. Just the right speed for them.

7.15.17

This is one of the most amazing lakes at the top of the mountains that most will ever see! My family and I have been here countless times to swim and spend the day, but this was the first time that my husband and I walked the trail.

It's a great beginners trail for all ages, and very easy all around. I loved that it followed the lake the whole way. The views are breathtaking, and I would recommend this trail for anyone who hasn't visited Indian Boundary. Bring lunch and have a picnic by the lake when you're done!

Good biking trail. Lots of scenery, beautiful lake and mountain area. I pull my son on a co-pilot and the trail was easy enough. Going across the dam is narrow and I wouldn't ride across with my son in tow so we coasted across. Enjoyed this trail very much.

This is a great trail, but it goes quick so I'd suggest doing it multiple times. It's an easy trail, and it's good to learn on, but adding speed can make it fun for experienced bikers. The lake and small creeks is a source of constant beauty, and they're there if you need a swim after a ride.

Good trail. Nothing too challenging. Some great views of the lake and surrounding mountains.

A great stroll along the lake with mountain views. Easy and enjoyable.

Nice little trail around the lake. Very shady and pretty views.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

this is a very nice 3 mile trail, that circles Indian boundary lake. I have spent a lot of days walking,and mountain bike riding here.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Nice trail. Not much of a lake to look at this time of the year. Water is very low. But enjoyed it with the family.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

This trail is a very easy walk around the lake. Great for all ages. In a beautiful area of the Cherokee National Forest.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great beginner trail for biking loved the views during fall the dam bridge is a little tricky to bike across but not that hard only a one person bridge but overall great trail

Saturday, July 02, 2016

love if for a morning hike

Monday, June 27, 2016

Rode the trail around the lake twice when I was there. 3 miles around the lake it's very beautiful.

Friday, April 15, 2016

good trail. family friendly. a little longer than you would expect which is a good thing. great scenery and secluded. right next to campgrounds and lake.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Nice easy hike. Beautiful scenery.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Great trail for the whole family

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Great area. We met a group of families at the campground for 2 nights. I was very pleased with this entire area. Lake and beach were beautiful. We had awesome weather so that helped. Plenty of hiking, biking, fishing. Everyone there was enjoying themselves. Definitely a "do again" for us.

Friday, May 16, 2014

This is a great, easy hike around the entire lake. 3.5 miles round trip. Take a fishing pole. Lots of great spots to
fish from.