Ijams Nature Center Trail

Ijams Nature Center Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Ijams is a nature center in south Knoxville that has over 20 different trails and an old quarry with a lake in it.

Great

Favorite trail to run so far in Knoxville. Not sure if many (or any) other trails in the area where you can run for 3 hours without going over the same ground. Spectacular forest trails! Wish some of the bike trails and hiking trails were more clearly marked but I’m sure overlapping maps are out there. If your first time exploring be sure to allow extra time for an unhurried experience.

Great hike with some ups and downs that gets your heart pumping.

paddle sports

Ijams is a great place to hike in town. There are many trails to choose from or to combine if you want a longer hike. I have knee trouble from time to time so I can go there and have a nice hike on more even paths or I can do some climbing if my knee will cooperate. They have rentals at the quarry for kayaking and paddle boarding or you can bring your own and go on the river at the river landing. Very nice ramp there! You don't have to get your feet wet! Parking is pretty close by, but you do have to walk a bit to get to the ramp. I used my trolley to wheel my kayak to and from the ramp. If no parking is available there you can drop off your "boat" and park at the quarry down the gravel road and across the street. I made it a combo and hiked a mile then kayaked 4 miles on the river. It was very nice.

Ijam's is a beautiful nature preserve right in town. They've done a great job making it a welcoming destination for anyone wanting to spend some time outside. I love the boardwalk trail and the maze of trails across the road by the quarry.

One of my favorites in east tn!

Nice river walk. Good for kids because it's fairly flat, easy, and short.

The quarry is beautiful- we loved looking for freshwater jellyfish in the blue water!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Not amazing, but I'm glad it's so close.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Loved the hike along the TN river and the quarry this past Saturday. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to hike the trails. I'll be back!

Thursday, November 24, 2016

a well kept, easy place to walk with the kids.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Lots of trail options. Pretty area. Nice trails and well marked. I will return here for leisurely hikes.

Monday, October 17, 2016

A trail for all! Some areas can be off road stroller friendly. I took the Marble Quarry Trail that loops on the outskirts of the nature area. Was lucky enough to see the backside of a deer as she ran away, lol. It was a very quiet hike since I went early in the morning. Had a snack with my 2 year old at a bench about at the half way point. Will come back again since it is very secluded and only 25 minutes from my house!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great walking trails! Especially like South Loop!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Very well kept trails, like how it goes on the boardwalks at the river.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Very cool educational outdoor location, especially for children or those who wouldn't have the time or energy to do an all-day trail hike. I was simply looking for something a little less manicured, now I know. Would highly recommend taking your kids, but look elsewhere if you're looking for any sort of wildness.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Love this trail all year long!!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Too easy, the trail by meads quarry I'd beautiful though

Saturday, April 16, 2016