Ijams Nature Center Trail

Ijams Nature Center Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Ijams is a nature center in south Knoxville that has over 20 different trails and an old quarry with a lake in it.

sea kayaking

Ijams is a great place to hike in town. There are many trails to choose from or to combine if you want a longer hike. I have knee trouble from time to time so I can go there and have a nice hike on more even paths or I can do some climbing if my knee will cooperate. They have rentals at the quarry for kayaking and paddle boarding or you can bring your own and go on the river at the river landing. Very nice ramp there! You don't have to get your feet wet! Parking is pretty close by, but you do have to walk a bit to get to the ramp. I used my trolley to wheel my kayak to and from the ramp. If no parking is available there you can drop off your "boat" and park at the quarry down the gravel road and across the street. I made it a combo and hiked a mile then kayaked 4 miles on the river. It was very nice.