Ijams Nature Center Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(308)
Ijams Nature Center

Ijams Nature Center Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

NOTE: As of April 2020, users have reported that the boardwalk section is closed for repairs. Hikers can still do an out-and-back on this trail. Ijams is a nature center in south Knoxville that has over 20 different trails and an old quarry with a lake in it.

So much fun! I took my 8, 5, and 2 year old and we all had a blast! So much to see, explore, and learn!

Beautiful place just wish the trails were marked better

River trail partially blocked due to mudslide. Walked over tower trail to get to river. Walked over to quarry area. We will be back to explore more.

We only went on the Riverside trails and it was beautiful. We drove over to where the Quarry is but didn’t walk the trails there yet. We will be back, it was wonderful. My kids loved it!

Great trail for kids/family. They enjoyed the little bits of information they had posted along the trail. Another favorite stop was the line of stumps which are great for jumping! Lots of parking which is nice also. I would recommend this trail :)

bridge out

great easy walk; pretty views of the river along the boardwalk. unfortunately, a large portion of the trail is closed for renovation.

I had time to kill, so I took the Tower trail, then the short walk to the boardwalk, which is closed part way in. Took every trail I could find and did loops both ways. Stairs going down to the river are nice. I would rate it easy, my beginning hiker bff was with me and had no problems.

Fun little trail for a quick hike. It’s a part of a larger trail system that wraps around the lake and quarry. This particular trail starts at the information center and is mostly wooded. At one point you’ll walk across a boardwalk that hangs out over the lake. However, this boardwalk is usually closed for maintenance. This trail is great for kids and dogs, but does have a few small inclines to watch out for.

So many snakes. Bridge is still closed.

Part of the trail was closed for repairs. Took some off shoot trails which Turned out to be very muddy.

bridge out

Great trail for all kinds of hikers! For those who like to go off the beaten path there were some good mud trails. Those white kids would find plenty to do here and clean trails for pets. Nice bathrooms can be found at the nature center too.

bridge out

Well kept very informative and beginner friendly

Joseph and I had an excellent hike on this trail it was great.

closed

There are section that are closed and you have to back track. Good walking trail for families and kids or dogs.

Fun hike with kids! Easy and beautiful

closed

The boardwalk does have a portion of the trail closed, but hiking the open portion is beautiful. It was raining when I first got there, so I had the whole park to myself. There are many different area of this nature center which are fun to explore.

Poorly marked trails. Nice once you find it. Was closed half way through which was disappointing.

closed

Could not complete the full loop due to the Boardwalk being closed off for repairs. Great informational connecting trails associated with the Nature Center for kids. Great loop for beginners, dog lovers, and those just wanting to be out for a stroll.

Sun Jun 02 2019

always a great hike

Wed May 29 2019

Great place!

Tue Apr 23 2019

This trails river view is closed due to flooding so the entire thing you can’t do which is sad. But still good views of the river