I. H. Park at Lakeland

I. H. Park at Lakeland is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arlington, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Enjoyed the hike but trails are not marked. Started Trail with goal in mind to follow one trail to completion. Used “All Trails” app to assist with staying on the right track but got frustrated due to no markings and I finally decided to hike with no specific goals in mind. Would of enjoyed it more if the trails were properly marked. Finally got my 3 miles in through taking random trails.

Serpentine elevations mixed with meadows. Nice walk along a creek for a while. Quiet. Saw trail bikes throughout.

Not too difficult but def some up and down.

should be listed as hard, due to step downhills and intensive uphills. great cardio workout. many bikers do laps there to prep for racing.

Nice quiet trail. Easy to be hiked. Could be better if it was properly labeled.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

This is easy not hard.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

I love this park, although some of the trails are blocked off with fallen trees the pond is my favorite part of the park.

Friday, January 13, 2017

I like this park for trail running about 3-4 miles at the most as it's not that big. Good hills to train on and very maintained park.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Very new to mtb. I like it because I live close. Yellow trail is by far the most difficult and would not suggest it to someone new to trail riding. Start on the blue or red and work your way to yellow. Lots of roots and bumps but a good challange for all.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

I get a little lost in there but don't mind at all. Do wish they'd mark what trail goes where a little better. I love coming here. It's a great place.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I enjoyed this park and trail and would rate it rough for mountain biking due to the amount of roots and steep declines and sharp grades. I'm an avid runner and hiker and would avoid it if it's rained recently. Lots of places to lose your footing. Deer are plentiful and if you're quiet like I am you can walk right into them. But I thoroughly enjoyed the steep upgrade sprints. Very nice well maintained small park!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

For Shelby Co it is a hard trail. I used this trail to train for a 2 week hike on the Appalachian Trail. The hills are short but get the heart rate up. Really a nice trail.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I hiked the yellow trail and would rate it moderate. The hills are short and not steep. Great hike close to Bartlett Lakeland and Arlington. Nice lake and picnic area. Pretty views.
No very busy when I have hiked there. Good short hiking area.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Nice trail. Not sure how it was designated as "hard" but ok.
Be aware that the map location for this app brings you past the park- to a church parking lot.

Monday, April 20, 2015

This is a decent quick hike with some of the best elevation in Shelby County. I do the yellow trail, as it's the longest. I can not comment on the others, but I did end up on the other 2 trails once which extended my hike and resulted in me exiting the trail South of the lake. I would recommend boots on the yellow trail. Nice scenic lake to walk around. Trails are well maintained. The few times I have been on it, traffic has been minimal.

Friday, January 16, 2015

This 65-acre Lakeland city park has three interconnected trails, the longest and hardest of which is the 1.6- mile Yellow trail. The terrain is pretty rugged in spots with lots of steep inclines as the trail makes its way along a couple of wooded hillsides. The Red and Blue trails are each about a half mile and much flatter by comparison. This is typical West Tennessee bottomland forest and the trails, especially the Red and Blue trails, can get pretty waterlogged during the wetter seasons of winter and early spring. Because the park sees a lot of public use, the trails and park as a whole are kept in pretty good shape by the city.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

You better have a 29er! Although the track isn't wide: inclines and swoops will guarantee your bike a tuneup. It's fun and taxing. Go hard!

Monday, May 15, 2017