House Mountain

House Mountain is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corryton, Tennessee that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are many trails and variations to the area but this hike will be described as a loop hike in counter clock motion. Take the main trail from the parking lot and then turn right on the blue blaze trails. There are many rock formations to see and winter views from this trail. After 1 mile you reach the red blaze trail it is 1.5 mile in length but will add a little more to your hike if you go all the way out to the rock outcrop for the best views from the top. Go back (west) on the trail for 1.5 miles until you reach the west overlook. Nice views but the scenery is littered with cell towers and buildings from the view of Knoxville accented with interstate noise. The connector to the white blaze trail is covered by blow downs at the time of this review so a little off trail is required to get to the white blaze trail. This trail is 0.8 mi and will quickly descend to the main parking lot to finish the loop.

Good workout. Trails need some work for dead snags.

Perfect, good workout, great views and easy to get to.

For a short morning hike, this is perfect! The loop is only a few miles up & back. I went towards the East lookout first and then the West- counter clockwise on the loop. I would recommend this way because it was very rocky going up, but coming down the trail was much more smooth. If you have to pick just one overlook, the East was breathtaking!

it was ok. nothing special. lots of rock climbing. Don't go when they're calling for any rain because it's like a river coming off that mountain.

Definitely a workout. We went in peak leaf season and oh wow, the beauty... will be going back to see what each season has to offer here.

I think it's more on the moderate side especially if you do the loop counter-clockwise. Beautiful view at the top! I ran out of daylight so didn't get to visit the eastern overlook. Definitely planning in going back for that!

A great hike if you don’t want to drive to the mountains. It’s close by and it’s intense enough that you feel like you got a good workout.

Fantastic workout for trail running! I prefer the blue trail for a slightly less steep ascent, across the mountain top to the white trail for a beautiful rocky slope descent. Beautiful views of the countryside unrivaled in the area.

Great views!

Awesome trail! This would be a difficult hike for the non experienced. The trail is mostly uphill, hence, climbing the mountain, very rocky but beautiful views! Loved it I give it a 5!

Loved it. Great up hill and down hill. Plus great view at the top. I will prolly do it again. Even my dog loved it.

I would not rate this as "Hard", however with regional bias, I can see how some might think so. The extremes of incline are greater than one normally finds on a moderate trail, but footing is never in question, the path is pretty easy to follow, many places to rest are available throughout, and weather wouldn't be too much of a hinderance. On a weekend, one will run into many dogs and outgoing people. Very nice views, which should actually be better. Not much effort has been put into creating viewing areas.

The hike was pretty fun to do with a group of my college roommates. The hike was not all that hard, but I can see how a non experienced hiker would get winded on some of the steep parts. The view was very pretty. If you want to do a short hike for a great view this is a hike for you.

The hike was a bit more intense than I was anticipating, but it was still very doable even being somewhat out of shape. The view from the top is amazing!

This was definitely a hard trail, but well worth it. I recommend bringing walking poles, the terrain is steep and narrow in sections.

beautiful! we went a couple weeks ago & it was definitely a more difficult hike than we anticipated (I took my 5 year old) but the view at the top was so worth it!!! it took my toddler & I about 4 hours to make it up & back but we did relax at the top for a bit.

Loved it!!!! I was disappointed with the pieces of glass randomly down the trail possibly some Partiers who didn't take nature serious. Come on people let's clean up after ourselves. I do plan to go back and to pick up those pieces of glass on my next go at it.

Great hike! Awesome views in some places. Was tricky in some spots with all the rocks, but well worth it.

Great hike!! Great views at both ends of the mountain. All the geocaches we're in great shape.

Had a really good trip! There was a yellow jacket problem at the West overlook. Multiple hikers warned me on my way up not to go the west as they got stung and found out the hard way! I went to the East.