House Mountain

House Mountain is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corryton, Tennessee that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are many trails and variations to the area but this hike will be described as a loop hike in counter clock motion. Take the main trail from the parking lot and then turn right on the blue blaze trails. There are many rock formations to see and winter views from this trail. After 1 mile you reach the red blaze trail it is 1.5 mile in length but will add a little more to your hike if you go all the way out to the rock outcrop for the best views from the top. Go back (west) on the trail for 1.5 miles until you reach the west overlook. Nice views but the scenery is littered with cell towers and buildings from the view of Knoxville accented with interstate noise. The connector to the white blaze trail is covered by blow downs at the time of this review so a little off trail is required to get to the white blaze trail. This trail is 0.8 mi and will quickly descend to the main parking lot to finish the loop.

The hike was pretty fun to do with a group of my college roommates. The hike was not all that hard, but I can see how a non experienced hiker would get winded on some of the steep parts. The view was very pretty. If you want to do a short hike for a great view this is a hike for you.

09/17/2017
Amazing views of the valley at an elevation of over 2000 ft above sea level (1000 ft over the valley below). The hike is very steep at parts and could be a challenge for some. It also is a loop trail if you go the right way around the overlook. Lots of birds too. We saw several black vultures, a woodpecker of some kind, and even a turkey vulture!

The hike was a bit more intense than I was anticipating, but it was still very doable even being somewhat out of shape. The view from the top is amazing!

This was definitely a hard trail, but well worth it. I recommend bringing walking poles, the terrain is steep and narrow in sections.

beautiful! we went a couple weeks ago & it was definitely a more difficult hike than we anticipated (I took my 5 year old) but the view at the top was so worth it!!! it took my toddler & I about 4 hours to make it up & back but we did relax at the top for a bit.

Loved it!!!! I was disappointed with the pieces of glass randomly down the trail possibly some Partiers who didn't take nature serious. Come on people let's clean up after ourselves. I do plan to go back and to pick up those pieces of glass on my next go at it.

Great hike! Awesome views in some places. Was tricky in some spots with all the rocks, but well worth it.

geocaching

Great hike!! Great views at both ends of the mountain. All the geocaches we're in great shape.

Had a really good trip! There was a yellow jacket problem at the West overlook. Multiple hikers warned me on my way up not to go the west as they got stung and found out the hard way! I went to the East.

For starters, the overlook we nearly killed ourselves getting to was so overgrown you couldn't see anything at all. Not to mention, we crossed paths with a yellow jacket nest and were stung multiple times.