Honey Creek Loop Trail

Honey Creek Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Allardt, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This is a tough and technical trail that is not well marked. There are several rock houses and waterfalls which make the hike very worth while. Additionally the natural, undisturbed beauty of the area is very good reason to hike this trail. There are several points where you may ask yourself if you are going the right way. Trail blazes on this trail are random arrows, blazes of green. There are several boulder scrambles, and points in the trail where you hike in or over creek beds. There are plenty of campsites along this trail but some of the boulder crawls will make it tough to carry a backpack for camping. There are a couple of ladders to climb as well, once you reach the overlook area. The trail length is approximately 5.6 miles for the full loop. However with the different spur trails to take, it becomes more like 6 miles. It is recommended that you calculate at least an hour for every mile. This is mostly because there is so much to see and do along the trail that you will want to take it all in. Bring plenty of water and if it's been raining recently bring extra clothing. You will likely get wet.

Good trail very hard lots to see take a Camera.

This trail is incredible - climbing boulders, crossing streams, squeezing through narrow spaces, great scenic views and one adventure after another. The trail is challenging, but lots of fun. I would not recommend going after rain - the creek would be near impassable. It took us about 4 hours, including breaks and exploring.

Honey Creek is an amazing Trail! Highly recommended! This is not an easy trail at all.
It's a must do at least once in your lifetime. Take snacks and lots of water.

A hidden gem on the eastern side of the United States. Varied terrain with cool features scattered throughout. My favorite hike, east of Colorado.

Great trail with many wonderful things to see. Be prepared to get wet and climb thru caves.

Great hike a few days ago! I can't download my route. I went clockwise. Pay attention to the signs and look behind you. Counter clock seems better marked. To go counter clockwise don't take the down steps right at the parking lot. Go down the road and take the others

awesome trail..and although marked, not very directional on how to get where you are going.

Where are the best spots to camp along this trail?

Best Hike Overall in the Big South Fork!

Walked it today by myself in a pair of jeans, t-shirt, high top converse with no water or food. Some beautiful scenery along the way and it was nice to get some fresh air.

Such an amazing trail to hike. Beautiful scenery. Trail was hard with lots of steep climbs and even climbing up boulders. Was such an adventure and I would do this hike again in a heartbeat!

Four stars, only because after the overlook we lost the trail, and ended up doing 14 miles. Yes, 14 miles!! The trail honestly dead ends in the middle of nowhere. I love this trail and would go back again because it has SO much to offer. Caves, waterfalls, overlooks, wildflowers!!! You name it! It should be reserved for more experienced hikers because of some tough crossing areas, and should be hiked with a partner. Pack a lunch and bring water resistant shoes. ❤️

This was my second trip through the loop. It has become my new favorite, even after getting lost for a few miles the first time. Luckily this time I remembered all of the ways NOT to go. It is a spectacular hike full of adventure and I hope to go back to backpack and set up camp near the "waterfall".

I will point out that, both times, my friends and I went backwards in comparison to everyone else (and the arrows). It makes a rather hellish vertical climb towards the end, but luckily the second go-around, we were able to take a right at the fork and walk up the stairs to the overlook. The first time, we had to take a left because we had two dogs with us. I think next time we'll go the normal route.

I highly recommend this hike to anyone! Safe travels and have fun!

Love this hike. It took a while but was worth it.

Very little traffic, awesome trail! One of my favorites in TN.