Hidden Springs Trail

Hidden Springs Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Good day hike for some time in the woods. Not much to it, kid friendly but not recommended if it has rained recently. Expect wet/muddy conditions in several spots.

Mostly a walk through the woods. Trail was fairly well marked. Saw limestone formations and sink holes. No rivers. Terrain was easy.

No river. Very overgrown in some parts. Easy to lose the trail markers. Would not recommend.

There wasn't a river, but there were some cool looking sink holes. Nice places to rest and enjoy lunch.

thought it was pretty boring

It's a nice trail kinda long, About 4.2 miles.
Mostly level and not too much climbing. Follow the white markers, you'll cross a horse trail several times that's marked with orange markings. It's 12 miles long but clearly marked so it shouldn't be a problem.

nice trail, a lot of overgrowth on the trails

Nice single track with some good technical spots. Not quite 5 miles but enough to get a quick run in.

The trail wasn’t marked well with multiple pathways that went out at different places. The sign posted said 5 mile loop, my Garmin said 3.72 so not sure if it was my watch or I took some shortcut. The scenery was beautiful but there were multiple spots that the trail was really overgrown.

Nice walking trail. Not to busy. Not to hard.

Very easy trail but was a bit marshy and muddy even though it had not rained in a while. We will do it again.

Enjoyed this trail.

This is an easy trail for an afternoon hike. Some reviews tag this trail as boring but there are places to stop off & things to see if you're looking.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Best done day of or with in a couple of days with rain. Creek fills and flows to a pit sink.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Spring was so hidden you will never find it because it's dried up. Other than nice walking trail.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

This is such a great trail! A really fun variety of landscapes and vegetation, plus lots of spooky sink holes. Next to no elevation gain, so much like just a long stroll through a beautiful cedar forest. I went on a late Tuesday afternoon and didn't see a single other person.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Very nice small state park with camping, playgrounds, and hiking trails. Trails are well marked. Watch for after rain storms lots of big mud puddles.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Sunday, November 13, 2016

well marked and easy to follow. The trail is well used. It has very little elevation change and there is very few obstacles so it is perfect for trail runners. We walked the 5 mile loop but was a little disappointed with the view. Even my daughter asked why the trail was in the middle of nothing. Not one animal other than my dog (but we did sound like a herd of buffalo). Def not my favorite pick.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

This is a nice trail, very easy to walk. Peaceful way to spend a few hours. I have walked this trail a few times and plan on walking it a lot more. Perfect length of 5 miles.

Monday, November 07, 2016

First, it should be noted that this is a 5 mile trail and not a 4.2 mile trail like the description says. Anyway, my husband and I really liked it. Saw deer, heard owls, and enjoyed a nice fall day walking. I wouldn't take my 4 year old with me, but certainly would my younger teens. Lovely trail.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Great long walk thru the woods. Peaceful, and some hidden treasures for those looking...

Monday, August 29, 2016

This was not one of our favorite hikes. The bugs make it quite unpleasant, even for avid hikers. It's mostly flat with very little scenery if you like to take photos on your hike.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Fantastic! !!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Nice trail. Is rocky in places. Not too many hills. It took me a little over an hour to hike. If you have children or are smelling lots of roses I could see this trail taking twice a long.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

nice easy walk not too exciting though. was hoping for more interesting sites to see.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Super pretty out there, not as well kept as some trails I've been on.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Nice little walk through the cedars. Relatively flat and very easy hike. A lot of other people out on this beautiful January day.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Easy trail with very little hills. Enjoyed the wooded trail and they were marked well. Good for the beginner.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Easy, flat trail. Great quick trip hike when the urge hits and I don't have time to drive to the plateau.