Hidden Lake Double Loop

Hidden Lake Double Loop is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 160 feet Route Type: Loop

A quick double-balloon loop on the outskirts of Belleview, with a small lake as the payoff. Starts out in an open field, winds it's way into the woods along a creek. Once into the woods, take the left fork in the trail (there's a sign) to get where you can actually touch the water (most of the lake is surrounded by high limestone bluffs). After dipping your toes in, there's a quick steep scramble up to cliffs with excellent views of the water below. At the far end of the lake, almost exactly halfway through the hike, there is a bench that overlooks the whole thing--very nice. After that, the trail branches off--the far left will give you the most distance, but the right trail will go up a bit higher and has better scenery. You'll eventually get back to the trail junction and retrace your original steps back to the open field. The 'bluebird loop' is just a different walk around the same field, but gets you back to the parking area.

Easy trail with wildlife

Beautiful stop off between Nashville and memphis! Super humid and buggy when I went but the view of the lake is gorgeous

Nice getaway close to town

Fun ,easy trail with a couple marrow, steep sections.

Spent about 2 hours with our 5 year old exploring around Hidden Lake and climbing up and down little off shoot trails for scenic views. Was a little muddy in places, but nothing that wasn’t pretty easily avoidable. Very enjoyable for a half-of-the-day trip from Brentwood. Worst part is construction/traffic on 440W to get up there.

This was an absolutely beautiful trail! There were so many spots to stop and look out at the Harpeth. Loved it.

My two boys, ages 6 and 8 and I did this trail for the first time today. It was an excellent length and difficulty level for them. They loved going down to the water in a couple different spots and skipping a few rocks. Along the top of the ridge, we were pleasantly surprised by a big gorgeous hillside of blooming buttercups! Keep small children close as there are several steep spots not far off the trail.

Got the hike in right before the rain started. On a sunny day there will be a spectacular view when you reach the top. Not as well marked as I would have liked but did have my phone so we didn't get lost. I don't think the park wants hikers to go all the way around the lake as the trail closest to the river did get a bit steep.

My son and I went on the Hidden Lake Trail after his school day for the first time. it was an adventure for us! we loved finding all these off-trail paths. it was so beautiful as the sun set. Nature is a love of ours, and this trail was lovely.

I loved it. Definitely one my favorite spots.

Mon Oct 22 2018

Enjoyable stroll. Hidden Lake was beautiful as the sun was setting and the leaves are about to change.

Wed Oct 17 2018

Nice beginner hike, took my dog with me, very wide trail. Beautiful views of the hidden lake. Would recommend to any beginner, also very well marked trail

Sun Oct 07 2018

For a new hiker like me, this trail was moderately difficult with rich rewards in scenery. If the quarry wasn't pretty enough, the higher elevated views of the lake are even better. My favorite part of this hike was scrambling over the beautiful rock formations. The remnants of buildings left over from the old resort from the 1920s hints at the history of the area. The Bluebird Loop at the beginning and end of this loop have plenty of butterflies and wildflowers that are fragrant on a warm day. This hike is a lovely way to pass an hour.

Sun Aug 05 2018

This trail was awesome. Short and sweet, has cool rock formations and a cool little history behind the lake. This honestly felt like moderate difficulty to me, though. The trails aren’t super well marked but it’s still not that difficult to get around.

Fri Jun 22 2018

I wouldn’t really call it hiking. It’s more of a walk through fields, with a lake. Paths aren’t properly marked and there’s very little visibility (lack of elevation). Also, during the summer the paths have grass that’s tall enough to conceal the snakes, which there are. Better off going to Edwin warner

Sat Jun 02 2018

Decided to do this trail to get some miles, but only had time to do it once as the park closes at 7 PM. I wasn't expecting much because of the lack of elevation, but I was very pleasantly surprised. What this trail lacks in difficulty or elevation, it makes up for in scenery. I will definitely be back with a camera and enough time to explore all the side trails. Great place to go to get someone else interested in hiking.

Thu May 24 2018

Great short walk. Funny name considering this is actually an old quarry. Nonetheless great views of the lake and the Harpeth.

Tue Apr 10 2018

This was a very good hike for me and my 5 year old. Great views. Not too hard. There are a couple narrow spots on the ridge which could be scary with younger kids. Will definitely go back and bring my 9 year old.

Sat Mar 17 2018

I really enjoyed this trail. I had such a blast with the family. It's a nice and easy stroll.

Wed Feb 21 2018

This hike exceeded my expectations. I'd recommend it for all ages and skill levels, plus the trailhead is only about a mile or so off I-40. For an easy short hike, the sights are pretty cool. You get great views of the small lake from down by the water and from above via the ridge trail that circles the lake. The old abandoned buildings are a unique feature and fun to explore. We finished the 2 mile hike in just under an hour, but this trail could easily be completed in less time if you don't take stops to look around. There are better hikes around Nashville, but this one is definitely worth checking out.

Sat Nov 18 2017

Beautiful views of the pond. Trail fairly well marked. Short hike!

Sat Sep 23 2017

Walk through the wild flower path to get to the Hidden Lake & Ridge Loop trails.

Mon Sep 04 2017

Labor Day so pretty busy. Leashed dogs are welcome and there were lots. Lake was nice. Trail was shady. Wildflowers were gorgeous

Sat Aug 05 2017

Great place to walk the dogs in the summer with shaded trails and the Harpeth River access.