Hickory Ridge Outer Trail

Hickory Ridge Outer Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chapel Hill, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hickory Ridge trail outer loop showcases some of the park's most diverse ecosystems, sink holes and cedar glades. Both are places of amazing diversity and contain plants and animals that are not found in any other type of landscape. This trail also connects to Adeline Wilhoite River Trail via a half mile connector trail.

Great for a day hike, alone.

did the outer loop and had a great hike. did pick up several seed ticks and hit every spider web lol but other than that it was a great hike. wish I saw some of the local wildlife besides the spiders but oh well maybe another time.

Well, I planned to hike the Hickory Ridge Outer Trail but, along the way I discovered the River Trail. Not knowing where it lead, I took it.

Great trail. My four and 11 year old did good on this trail. I felt like it was longer than 2.7 miles. We hiked both loops and it took us exactly 2 hours.

Decent little trail. Super muddy when I went. I saw no one on the trail. More like 2.5 miles.

Walked/hiked it this past Sunday morning. At 9am the trails were empty, had the woods to myself. Pay attention to hazards if you are wearing walking shoes you may get a poke through your sole. The Duck was flowing well, golfers could be heard yelling expletives on the course opposite Wilhoite/River trails. The Wetlands trail was mostly dry and newly cut but of little interest other than peeper frogs. It was disturbing seeing private property owner's deer stands just on the other side of the park property fence. Made me a little leery. All in all, a good time of day, lots of privacy, could imagine this being overrun by dogs, kids and trail bikes even though they are prohibited (bikes, I mean.) Dense forest--wasn't at all disturbed by traffic noise other than the occasional train.

Nice trail with some good wildflowers in spring.