Herb Parsons Lake Trail

Herb Parsons Lake Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Collierville, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

Enter behind the archery range on the north side of the park. Easy-to-follow trail includes one short stretch down a blacktop road then reentry into the woods about 50 yards down.

Love it. Great for the Husky to get back into shape for something more ambitious. Nicely maintained.

1mile longer than listed... for being the highest rated hike in the area there wasn't much to see... The lake for the most part is nicest over all the other lakes near the city but that's not speaking to highly since we have no nice lake to really compare to

A nice easy day hike around a pretty lake. Some muddy/wet spots. A few spots on the trail have benches where one can stop and enjoy a nice view of the lake. Keep an eye out for snakes,and mountain bikes on the trail. I wasn’t intentionally putting mountain bikes and snakes in the same category, lol. Have fun,hike more and worry less.

I did the full yellow trail hike Thursday. If you take all of the detours possible, it's considerably longer than 7 miles. My GPS had it pegged at 12 1/2 miles. (Yes, all the additional trails, mind you.)

There were a plethora of downed trees along the off-the-beaten path trails and a couple of places where the blazing was confusing (namely around the 2 mile red blazing marker along the drainage valley.) There was also 2 downed trees blocking the trail and only one might be a spot of bother for those trail-riding. (it's close to 3ft tall without a ramp and on a down-hill so if you're not paying attention there might be a crash and ruining a front rim along with some pride.)

The trail was in good shape for the most part and it wasn't so muddy that you couldn't traverse without getting knee deep in the mud. (Well, there is one crossing near the 6.5mi marker on the north side of the lake that is probably mid-thigh if you try to cross it - and it hadn't rained in a few days.)

For the entire hike, I saw 4 people and two dogs for six hours of hiking. (This doesn't include gentlemen fishing on their boats in the lake, mind you.) One gentleman had his two dogs out walking (who lived right off the lake) and another who was getting miles in for a section hike of the PCT in the Sierras in July. The last was a couple on a leisurely stroll.

There was plenty of wildlife sign out (deer, raccoons, turkeys) and I saw one tall Tom close to the trail that bumps up against Fisherville Road. I didn't encounter any wasps, hornets, ground wasps, snakes, ticks, or spiders on my walk but I figure in a month they will be out. I'm not looking forward to that.

The lake trails are the gem of the area, in terms of getting away from it all and having a lovely walk in the woods. If you're going to get miles in without the possibility of being run over by trail riders or runners, it's the place to go.

Really like these trails but with so many roots you can’t get into your run.

Enjoyed a great day hiking with the Memphis Outdoor Adventurers. Even though it rained like a monsoon, we still had a blast!

I wouldn't call it mountain biking but rather trail riding. It's an easy trail. Great for the entire family. It's has more technical paths that run off the main loop so you could extend your loop if you want. It's a gem not being to heavily trafficked.

Awesome trail. Has a lot of roots and have to be careful when wet.

Did a birthday hike on the green trail Saturday. Beautiful day and saw only 2 others on my 2 hour hike. The markers allude to a 7 mile hike....perhaps its 7km but it's definitely NOT 7 miles. Easy hike and is probably the best kept secret around. Lake has a small shop you can get drinks/bait at. Enjoy.

Great trail! Only issue we(2 dogs and myself) had were the ticks. The ticks were out in full force! They are pretty bad this year on every hike we have done in the Memphis area. Other than that this trail is well marked (Thanks Cub Scouts) and some fallen trees were all cleared from the path.

Monday, June 05, 2017

The trails are in great shape well marked. Took BSA TROOP 95 there this weekend to finish off the hiking badge.

Nicely groomed, well marked, easy hike. Great views with some traffic. We walked the green trail.

4 star only because scenery is good to great, not amazing.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

This is an awesome trail.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

This is an awesome trail.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Great spot!

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Well maintained and marked trail except the yellow jacket nest/hole on the edge of trail around 4 miles in from the right side of the lake. Definitely a high tick area also. Not sure mileage is accurate but enjoyed not being able to hear the highway for 3 hours. Nice stopping points and views of the lake.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My first trail. I really enjoyed it.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Took my dog on the trail with me. Very easy trail to walk but was very enjoyable.

Monday, September 12, 2016

This is very good trail for mountain biking, especially the red trail near the lake with some obstacles.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Awesome

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great trail!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

easy good beginner hikers

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fun trail. Nice pace, plenty of twists, not many climbs and drops but still fun and interesting for a day out. Not too difficult for the wife on a hybrid. Not a ton of traffic on a Sunday afternoon, either.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great trails by the waterside. We only could do a 4 mile family hike/ trail run with the 3 yr old leading us but we enjoyed every step this week at this little gem.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Very quiet easy trail! We loved it. Beautiful views :)

Friday, April 01, 2016

Very quiet and secluded. Only saw one couple hiking and 3 bikes. Description is wrong as trail is open all year (source: fish store).

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Nice trail! It's mostly flat and was a bit worried when I first got there, because I heard it's not marked that well. The good news is if u stay close to the lake it's not a problem at all. Very enjoyable!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Rode Herb Parsons Trail today for the first time. I am a beginner to trail riding. I would like to see the path trail marked better once out there riding. We had to get off in a few places because of logs covering the path and some steep slopes that were heavily rooted. I only took three tumbles so I would say it was a good day. :-) (p.s. I am 48 y.o)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Excellent, well-maintained trails.
The fee proposal was shot down, so it is free to use the trails.
There are actually up to about 10 miles of trails, if you use all the extended pathways.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Nice, easy trail. One of the very few secluded, mostly quiet areas in the Memphis area.