Henry Horton State Park Campground Trail

Henry Horton State Park Campground Trail is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Chapel Hill, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Decent little trail. Super muddy when I went. I saw no one on the trail. More like 2.5 miles.

Walked/hiked it this past Sunday morning. At 9am the trails were empty, had the woods to myself. Pay attention to hazards if you are wearing walking shoes you may get a poke through your sole. The Duck was flowing well, golfers could be heard yelling expletives on the course opposite Wilhoite/River trails. The Wetlands trail was mostly dry and newly cut but of little interest other than peeper frogs. It was disturbing seeing private property owner's deer stands just on the other side of the park property fence. Made me a little leery. All in all, a good time of day, lots of privacy, could imagine this being overrun by dogs, kids and trail bikes even though they are prohibited (bikes, I mean.) Dense forest--wasn't at all disturbed by traffic noise other than the occasional train.

Nice trail with some good wildflowers in spring.

Fun trail. Runners, beware; Stumblestiltkin Trail is what I'd call it! HA! Pay attention to footing. Rock tips & protruding root structures litter certain portions, just pay attention. Hikers be sure to check out the limestone beds & rock crevices, sort of cave like structures. We ran this on 12/3/16 w chilly 47 degree temps w drizzle, still fun trek through the woods. Saw 4 deer twice on this loop, we circled them around after spooning them the 1st sighting. This trail reminded me of the 5 mile Hidden Springs loop at Cedars of Lebanon. Only complaint is sound of road traffic on occasion. Still, great trek through some dense forest.

Decent amount of miles for a little exercise if you combine the outer loop and the river trail , not much to see tho really .

Pretty trail, a little busier than some others but not by much. Multiple options for trails. I took the first trail, the outer loop and then the river trail but never found my way closer to the water. There's a cool overlook spot with stairs leading up to a deck but unfortunately you can't see much of interest up there (at least in mid October, could be completely different earlier in the year). I'll be visiting again in the Spring for a fair trial. :)

Great trail. Well marked. Deep, rock sink holes were awesome! A must do if you are in the area. The staff at Henry Horton State Park were friendly and efficient.

by the river and through the woods, this hike is mild yet beautiful. I always see deer.

The trails entwined so it was hard to have a clear idea of how far you actually went and where exactly you were. The trails are color coated, We had the provided trail map but were confused. All the trails loop though so we walked until we were tired and then jumped back on the color trail that took us back to our car. We had a blast and will do it again... very easy walk.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

Great amount of wildflowers. Love the sinkholes.

Saturday, May 07, 2016