Hazard Cave and Natural Bridge Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(67)
Pickett CCC Memorial State Park

Hazard Cave and Natural Bridge Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jamestown, Tennessee that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures

Absolutely loved these beautiful trails, the natural bridge was an easy walk there.bpicked up the Hazard Cave trail and followed it around the lake and across the suspension bridge. we were the only car in the parking lot and had the trails to ourselves. A few little muddy spots but nothing to dramatic. Would certainly do these again.

I thought the area was beautiful, will definitely be going back!

easy and a beautiful hike it is worth the hike

This was our first time to Pickett and we loved it ! This trail didn’t disappoint . The cave was a nice place to sit and let the kids explore a little on their own within eyesight .

The cave was amazing. Favorite trail in the entire park.

Cave at the end of this trail it’s definitely worth a hike.

Thu May 16 2019

Very beautiful and peaceful

Not the exact route I took but Hazard Cave is always a pleasure

Mon Apr 29 2019

This is an amazing place, easy hike

Fri Apr 12 2019

nice easy hike! cool natural features. good fishing in the river too!

Sun Apr 07 2019

Did this with my toddler and loved it!

We accidentally went clockwise when we planned on going counter clockwise. I would recommend clockwise in a heart beat. It’s easy to get off on spurs you didn’t plan, so just be flexible with your day!

Sun Feb 03 2019

Tue Dec 18 2018

I really enjoyed this trail. Not difficult and many interesting things to photo. And we did the trail in the rain!

Sun Oct 28 2018

My husband and I did this trail with our two dogs. It was a beautiful fall day. Could not have been better!

Sun Jul 22 2018

Hoss,me and our little dog pebbles enjoyed this loop!! The cave was huge and very sandy,huge bluffs and rock foundations. The bridge was very nice too,another great day to hike!

Thu Jun 21 2018

Awesome! Great plant life , not a lot of wild life , but a first for us. Came upon a mother black bear and her 2 cubs. Great experience. This trail is a must if your in the area!

Tue May 08 2018

Great payoff and interesting bluffs

Sun Apr 29 2018

Beautiful drive from Berea Ky and the trails did not disappoint! Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to take the kids back and camp there!!

Wed Apr 18 2018

This trail is right in our back yard! Absolutely love the wildlife. Can be a very trafficked trial. It’s peaceful when no one else is out there just to sit in the cave and pray. It’s amazing what God has created for us!

Wed Apr 04 2018

Great loop. Fairly easy hike with a couple of moderate sections. Some areas are pretty muddy after rainfall so take choice of footwear may need to be a consideration.

Tue Feb 27 2018

Amazing spot for hiking plan to go into cave next visit..

Tue Jul 11 2017

We loved this trail ! Lots of beautiful plant life well maintained trails . When using the all trails map and recording our hike while following signs we still found our selves off trail according to the map. We will most definitely be going back to get lost again lol.

Sun Jun 04 2017

Found this to be a nice walk in the woods. The cave is impressive; the natural bridge is too! Well maintained with good signage. We had a lovely day to walk and lots of peace and quiet. Caught the last little bit of Mountain Laurel blooms which delighted my daughter greatly.

Mon Aug 29 2016

Beautiful! One of our favorite hikes!

Thu Jul 21 2016

Lots of fun!

Tue Feb 02 2016

I wanted to start my hiking/camping second go around (it's been well over 20 years) slow and at my own pace. This trail was great and nice and easy. Great views, nice inclines and very gradual. This is a great day hike, my initial intentions were to just do Hazard Cave and when I came up on Natural Bridge trail I just went for it. This was a great decision. I will be back when there is not 6-8 inches of snow and a sheet of ice on the Natural Bridge..hahhah...

Fri Nov 20 2015

Great day for hiking! Easy trail mostly. Had lunch at CCC shelter. Walked down to dam and loved the Arch!

Sat Jun 30 2012

This park was a great place to hike and really pretty!