Haw Ridge Lake Trail

Haw Ridge Lake Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oak Ridge, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

off road driving

why is this marked with off road driving?

My dog Xander and I hiked 8.9 miles. Beautiful & steep at times. We loved it!

off road driving

off road driving is not permitted at Haw Ridge...

Beautiful views when you're walking by the water (Lake Trail). The water was a gorgeous blue green. Lovely in winter

Awesome trails!!!

If you're looking for an extreme hike, take the power line trail. big hike up, big hike down

watch out for the mosquitoes

Good trails! Variety of difficulty ranging from easy to hard. I covered about 7 miles and didn't get to all of the trails. It would be a lot of fun on a bike so I'll have to try that next time.

it's great better markings would be nice but all around it's great the vibe with nature is one of a kind

Great time! Trails are clear and challenging! Hiked 8 miles with our kids and they loved it.

I grew up in Oak Ridge, so have ridden, hiked, kayaked, camped this area most of my life.
Recently moved back, after ten years in Atlanta/LA/New York, shooting film/video for documentaries and film. Almost forgot how much I enjoyed this area. I now live in Kingston area, on Watts Bar Lake (I'm a river rat) but have been riding Haw again, often for three hours, after I have dropped my Mom off at Sunday school.
The loop is great, and scenic. But you Mtn bikers especially, should consider exploring the primitive trails off the loop. You won't be disappointed!
Ride safe, ride happy. I may see you there!