Haw Ridge Lake Trail

Haw Ridge Lake Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burchfield Heights, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Good walk that’s close to home. Not too much to see.

Sea ticks everywhere and no amount of bug repellent helps. You will be covered. I rode home in underwear after stripping my kids. I'm not sure if all the ticks are worth a decent hike.

These are great trails, but a lot of them are only for fairly experienced mountain bikers. (Hikers etc. can do any of them)These trails are extremely technical due to a lot of roots and rocks. There are also some small drops. The trails are a lot of fun and I highly recommend them.

great

off road driving

why is this marked with off road driving?

My dog Xander and I hiked 8.9 miles. Beautiful & steep at times. We loved it!

off road driving

off road driving is not permitted at Haw Ridge...

Beautiful views when you're walking by the water (Lake Trail). The water was a gorgeous blue green. Lovely in winter

Friday, October 28, 2016

Awesome trails!!!

Friday, October 21, 2016

If you're looking for an extreme hike, take the power line trail. big hike up, big hike down

Monday, September 19, 2016

watch out for the mosquitoes

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Good trails! Variety of difficulty ranging from easy to hard. I covered about 7 miles and didn't get to all of the trails. It would be a lot of fun on a bike so I'll have to try that next time.

Friday, September 09, 2016

it's great better markings would be nice but all around it's great the vibe with nature is one of a kind

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great time! Trails are clear and challenging! Hiked 8 miles with our kids and they loved it.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I grew up in Oak Ridge, so have ridden, hiked, kayaked, camped this area most of my life.
Recently moved back, after ten years in Atlanta/LA/New York, shooting film/video for documentaries and film. Almost forgot how much I enjoyed this area. I now live in Kingston area, on Watts Bar Lake (I'm a river rat) but have been riding Haw again, often for three hours, after I have dropped my Mom off at Sunday school.
The loop is great, and scenic. But you Mtn bikers especially, should consider exploring the primitive trails off the loop. You won't be disappointed!
Ride safe, ride happy. I may see you there!

Thursday, June 02, 2016

very calm fun trail

Thursday, May 26, 2016

You wouldn't expect trails like this to be so close to both Oak Ridge and Knoxville. I would definitely not rate these trails as "Hard" although there are some very steep (albeit short) climbs. There are a ton of great trails in the park other than this loop, but this one offers the best views in my opinion. Along the south edge (I forget exactly where) there are a couple picnic tables that make for an awesome lunch stop. If you go during the summer, make sure to bring some bug spray as certain sections can be pretty bad.

Monday, May 02, 2016

This was very lovely hike. We only spent about an hour and ten minutes out there due to time constraints. But it was quite beautiful. Lots of different trails to take, make it as easy or as hard as you like. My only complaint was the sound from the highway near by.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Great set of trails of varying difficulty and varied terrain. It's all here: steep rocky inclines, winding little paths flanked by wildflowers, views of lakes and mountains, bubbling brooks, lake-shore walks. Frequented by mountain bikers, but not overrun. Only downside is the highway noise from Rt 170 at start and finish. Once you get over or around the mountain, deeper into the park, its beautiful.

Saturday, April 16, 2016