Harpeth Woods Trail

moderate 378 reviews

Harpeth Woods Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Loop

Really nice trail on our visit to Nashville.

Wonderful trail, it provided various terrains and went over some lovely creeks.

My favorite trail for a combo hike/trail run. I default here unless the conditions are just too wet and muddy.

flooded

One of the more secluded trails I’ve found within Nashville! I ran it today and it turns out there are some rockier parts that I ended up walking just to save my ankles! I’d say it a great lowkey hike that still packs a little bit of incline for a good workout, great to take your dog on, but not the best to run unless you are experienced with running rockier trails! You can end up off trail pretty easily, there are a lot of crossing trails and roads, but luckily it’s all in the park so you can’t get too off path. Really pretty with the leaves changing currently!

Easy trail that me and my kids can hike. Love the slight terrain with clearly marked paths. Lots of people and everyone having a great time outdoors. Love the atmosphere.

bridge out

Great elevation changes - all ages can do this trail.

bridge out

Quick nice loop with decent elevation. Nothing to see.

It’s an okay hike, good shade, some inclines, but didn’t have any nice views.

Shady trail area! Very nice! We saw a beautiful owl too!

A tough, yet manageable trail for new hikers. A quiet escape from the busy city. We even saw a huge owl up close!

Perfect trail if you want something moderately challenging and doable in 1-1.5 hours (depending on your hiking pace). The terrain is varied and scenery beautiful which makes it both interesting to navigate and a great place to decompress. Additionally, the fact that it is in the shade makes it reasonably comfortable even on a hot Tennessee summer day! I always feel like I was challenged just enough without being overly tired by the end.

Always a good hike near Nashville. Our go to hike.

Purty coo

Blue Trail. Good trail. Elevation heavy.

recorded Harpeth Woods Trail

Very clean, well-marked trail. Lots of pretty spring foliage & wildlife. A great little trail run!

Super fun hike!! There are some really pretty spots. I loved it!