Harpeth Woods Trail

Harpeth Woods Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's pretty tough if you take a right from the parking lot because about 1/3 of the way through you dip down and then gain all the elevation in one huge climb.
I like the challenge and it definitely gets my heart rate up

Nice trail with some killer hills to climb but, too many people and no views.

Lush green and local! Great little hike for an afternoon!

Nice short trail with good proximity to Nashville. Lacks any spectacular views, but a solid place to get a few miles in close to town. Lots of flowers in the Spring along the descent toward the Nature Center.

The Warner Park system is such a gem. We started right at the trail from the Vaughn Rd side and its basically a 450 foot climb over about half a mile. The rest of the trail is pretty simple but really nice short walk in the woods.

Visited on spring break and it was crowded! Lots of people and lots of dogs. Trail was damp but not too muddy. TAKE NOTICE--- visitor center is closed on Sunday's and there are NO MAPS available outside the center. There are numbered points of that interest around the park and without a map it is difficult to know what they mean. Maybe there's an online version I didn't find. We're glad we came today!!

Nice hike around the hills for our first time to Tennessee. Some good views towards the top!

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I've hiked this trail more than any other trail. It's a fun, fairly quick trail with a lot of natural beauty. No great views, but a nice getaway in a large metro area. There's one nice hill that will give you a little cardio. The one drawback is it is a very highly-trafficked trail. Don't expect to get that great isolated feeling that you'll get from more out of the way locations.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pretty but much shorter than anticipated

Sunday, August 21, 2016

even though it rained earlier this hike was a refreshing one. I don't think it's easy... definitely rate it as a medium level trail but it was enjoyable!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I'm brand new to hiking and this one is just hard enough to make me feel accomplished but I'm still able to finish!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great for first time hikers and a great view at the end.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Good - get your heart pumping I the uphills.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Good trail, gets muddy rather easily, never saw the large rock in the photo, wondering which trail it is on

Thursday, June 11, 2015

One of my favorite short loops.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

My husband and I walked this trail several months ago and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a disability but I made it fine. There is a small bridge by the lake that is pretty for photos. I want to take our grand kids and guests here.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

I like this trail but as stated previously, it's crowded on nice days... Even weekdays. I hike this trail with my dog when it's cloudy/rainy... Just to avoid the masses!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Great trail! Offers good amount of variability as far as terrain and scenery. Be aware it is very crowded on really nice days.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Great trail for people who are ready to start working with terrain. On the downside, it's becoming more popular with people who are new to trail running and don't understand trail etiquette, such as those who run two abreast or come up behind hikers and shout "Excuse me," instead of indicating which side they want to pass through on "on your left/right."