Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Harpeth Woods Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(471)
Edwin Warner Park

Harpeth Woods Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: As of May 2020, hikers report the last portion of the trail is closed.

Pretty! Follow the signposts - those are pretty clear. Last bit of trail is closed (I went counter-clockwise for better footing on an incline since it was raining before) so just follow the signs to the nature center. Otherwise, if going clockwise, follow the detour. Trail is well-maintained and lots of other smaller loops along the trail to explore.

I recommend this trail. It has a good amount of variation in elevation. Trail is in good condition as well.

Very enjoyable morning hike while waiting out the Covid-19 shut down of state parks. 2.5 mile easy to moderate. 4-11-20.

Great trail loved it and creek.

I completely hosed this hike. I had no clue what color blaze to follow and wanted to keep moving. I just got on the paved trail and burned some calories. The only issue was dogs, two unleashed and one that just yapped and yapped. Next time I will know what blaze to follow.

Really nice trail on our visit to Nashville.

Wonderful trail, it provided various terrains and went over some lovely creeks.

My favorite trail for a combo hike/trail run. I default here unless the conditions are just too wet and muddy.

flooded

One of the more secluded trails I’ve found within Nashville! I ran it today and it turns out there are some rockier parts that I ended up walking just to save my ankles! I’d say it a great lowkey hike that still packs a little bit of incline for a good workout, great to take your dog on, but not the best to run unless you are experienced with running rockier trails! You can end up off trail pretty easily, there are a lot of crossing trails and roads, but luckily it’s all in the park so you can’t get too off path. Really pretty with the leaves changing currently!