Hall Bend Trail

Hall Bend Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loudon, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Hall's Bend (Boy Scout) trail is an excellent hiking trail right here in Tellico Village. The trail is located in the north end of the Village. It follows the Tellico Lake shoreline for the first part of the trail and then climbs several steep hills to offer some great winter views of Tellico.

Definitely a good place to go if you want a relatively easy trail with pretty water views. Could also probably haul a kayak to the beginning section for a calmer area to paddle

LOTS of dogs & all were off leash. Tennessee does have a leash law and while I think it’s great to let dogs run free, this is not a place to bring dogs that aren’t always friendly with others. I kept my dog on leash the whole time, but I was the only one doing so.

Went looking for a "hiking" trail; this turned out to be more of a "dog walking/urban exercise" trail. Lots of dogs, (my pup loved it, but if your dog is the anti-social type, this is probably not the place for you), so watch your step! Lots of doggy droppings! Not very difficult, one or two minor hills. A good portion of the trail runs parallel to a busy road, lots of very "non-serene" traffic noise. This trail also seems to be prettily heavily travelled.If you just want a decent place to take a walk, this is ok. If you like more of an actual backwoods hiking experience, definitely go somewhere else.

Love this trail! It's very scenic and great for beginners. My husband and I accidentally found 'Huff Cemetery' while hiking. I haven't had luck finding information about the individuals buried here. It seems odd that it's 'Huff' cemetery yet the headstones only read 'Blair' (George and Charley). Would love to know more history! There aren't any signs or references to let you know where the cemetery is - we just happened to see it.

This was the best trail!! My dog jumped in the lake and ran all over the place. He loved it!! can't wait to go back!

The trail meanders around the river making for beautiful views! Mostly very flat and easy. There are 2-3 steep hills but are still manageable with any type of hiker. There were several rest stops with benches. These was a quiet and peaceful trail!

A few steep climbs and some steep descents but overall an easy hike. Lots of dogs so watch where you step!

Nice trail with some challenges..a couple of benches in the prime viewing spots. We did encounter a few dogs not on leashes chasing a deer into the lake which scared the kids a little, other than that a nice walk through the woods

Nice trail with a couple spots with great views. Spots on the trail had a feeling of being further away from civilizationthan you really are.

Nice easy trail, just enough incline periodically to get the heart rate up.

Not a bad practice trail close to home to help keep your endurance up when you can't run off to the mountains. Enjoyed it.

Great Hike. Most people there had dogs that were not on a leash. I always keep my dogs on a leash

I love a trail that follows the edge of water. This trail is exactly that. It's a fairly easy trail, parts of it remind me of the northern west coast. My husband and dog were big fans of this trail as well.
If you are scared of dogs you should probably not hike there as everybody we encountered was hiking with their furry companion.

Perfect for week day walking and with the dog :) on or off leash..Most are without leash

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

Such a cool adventure, start to finish. Tons to explore along the coast of the water. Little peninsulas you can wander out onto for 360 views of water. :) take the dogs!

Friday, January 20, 2017

Great hike with the pups! However, this is the one place where I always find ticks on them after their hikes. We've been all over in the mountains and this is always the place I find them on my girls after our hikes.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Beautiful lake views. Nice peaceful walk.

Monday, October 24, 2016

It was a good hike. Great views.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Easy trail with some small hills, but on a beautiful day it's very well worth it.