Hall Bend Trail

Hall Bend Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loudon, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Hall's Bend (Boy Scout) trail is an excellent hiking trail right here in Tellico Village. The trail is located in the north end of the Village. It follows the Tellico Lake shoreline for the first part of the trail and then climbs several steep hills to offer some great winter views of Tellico.

This is my favorite trail to walk with my dog on hot days. There is plenty of opportunity for dogs to jump in the water to cool off. The trail is easy to walk, so it is still enjoyable on hot days for humans too. The trail has different sections so you can walk whatever distance works for you that day. My dog always goes way off the side of the trail to poop, so he does not contribute to the problem others cite below.

A very nice hike, but, it appears that many dog owners who use this trail don't like picking up after their animals. Way too many piles of dog crap!!

Nice hike by the lake and plenty of dogs to socialize with. There was a deadfall tree about 1.5 miles from the trailhead on the white blaze trail. It's difficult to navigate around, especially with a hound in tow. All and all it's a good place to stretch your and your dogs legs.

Great for light walk with your dog.

Great trail for Sunday afternoons! Easy, good workout without the treadmill!

The Hall Bend Trail is a leisurely 5 mile loop that offers great views of the Little Tennessee River from long stretches along it's shores and a few high points in it's vicinity. These high points provide the only couple of moderately intense elevation changes but are rewarded with the trail's best vantage points of the river. The roughly last 1/3 of the loop runs parallel the Tellico Parkway and may be a turn of to hikers seeking to escape the noise of parkway traffic.

good for beginners.
can be slick after rains.
bring a walking stick and your camera

Definitely a good place to go if you want a relatively easy trail with pretty water views. Could also probably haul a kayak to the beginning section for a calmer area to paddle

LOTS of dogs & all were off leash. Tennessee does have a leash law and while I think it’s great to let dogs run free, this is not a place to bring dogs that aren’t always friendly with others. I kept my dog on leash the whole time, but I was the only one doing so.

Went looking for a "hiking" trail; this turned out to be more of a "dog walking/urban exercise" trail. Lots of dogs, (my pup loved it, but if your dog is the anti-social type, this is probably not the place for you), so watch your step! Lots of doggy droppings! Not very difficult, one or two minor hills. A good portion of the trail runs parallel to a busy road, lots of very "non-serene" traffic noise. This trail also seems to be prettily heavily travelled.If you just want a decent place to take a walk, this is ok. If you like more of an actual backwoods hiking experience, definitely go somewhere else.

Love this trail! It's very scenic and great for beginners. My husband and I accidentally found 'Huff Cemetery' while hiking. I haven't had luck finding information about the individuals buried here. It seems odd that it's 'Huff' cemetery yet the headstones only read 'Blair' (George and Charley). Would love to know more history! There aren't any signs or references to let you know where the cemetery is - we just happened to see it.

This was the best trail!! My dog jumped in the lake and ran all over the place. He loved it!! can't wait to go back!

The trail meanders around the river making for beautiful views! Mostly very flat and easy. There are 2-3 steep hills but are still manageable with any type of hiker. There were several rest stops with benches. These was a quiet and peaceful trail!

Saturday, October 07, 2017

A few steep climbs and some steep descents but overall an easy hike. Lots of dogs so watch where you step!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Nice trail with some challenges..a couple of benches in the prime viewing spots. We did encounter a few dogs not on leashes chasing a deer into the lake which scared the kids a little, other than that a nice walk through the woods

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Nice trail with a couple spots with great views. Spots on the trail had a feeling of being further away from civilizationthan you really are.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Nice easy trail, just enough incline periodically to get the heart rate up.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Not a bad practice trail close to home to help keep your endurance up when you can't run off to the mountains. Enjoyed it.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Great Hike. Most people there had dogs that were not on a leash. I always keep my dogs on a leash

Thursday, March 23, 2017

I love a trail that follows the edge of water. This trail is exactly that. It's a fairly easy trail, parts of it remind me of the northern west coast. My husband and dog were big fans of this trail as well.
If you are scared of dogs you should probably not hike there as everybody we encountered was hiking with their furry companion.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Perfect for week day walking and with the dog :) on or off leash..Most are without leash

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Monday, January 23, 2017

Such a cool adventure, start to finish. Tons to explore along the coast of the water. Little peninsulas you can wander out onto for 360 views of water. :) take the dogs!

Friday, January 20, 2017

Great hike with the pups! However, this is the one place where I always find ticks on them after their hikes. We've been all over in the mountains and this is always the place I find them on my girls after our hikes.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Beautiful lake views. Nice peaceful walk.

Monday, October 24, 2016

It was a good hike. Great views.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Easy trail with some small hills, but on a beautiful day it's very well worth it.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

I got to walk this with my 5 year old son. It was great for both of us. Beautiful views and I loved the benches placed along the trail.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Easy to access, some nice rolling hills and climbs for flavor, and can jump in the lake for a cool down after hot day excursion!