Gregory Ridge Trail to Gregory Bald

Gregory Ridge Trail to Gregory Bald is a 11.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a very difficult hike. Lots of roots and rocks on the trail. My wife sprained her knee on the way back down from the bald. She was in agony for the last four miles. I'd recommend taking an ace bandage to wrap a sprained knee or ankle if the situation arises.

It was a beautiful view from Gregory's Bald. This hike isn't for beginners, you need to be in serious shape. The hike to campsite 12 is moderately difficult but the remainder of the way to the Bald is strenuous and difficult. The view is breathtaking and worth the hike but we aware it isn't an easy hike, I think it is harder than Mt LeConte from Alum Caves trail.

Did this yesterday WOW just under 3100 feet of climbing but I managed to finish in 4 1/2 hours. I was huffin and puffin like and old steam engine by the time I got to the top. Well worth the effort.

Very difficult hike. Was definitely worth the views and the azaleas were in bloom. I will never forget this hike.

Unreal Hike took me and my girlfriend 6 hours and was well worth it. At the end of the hike 50yds away from the car we saw a bear 10 feet from us was a crazy experience. The top of the peak of the mountain is well worth the hike. Bring something to protect yourself from bears.

Very tough but rewarding hike!

When they say for experienced hikers that is what they mean. It was a great trail but just starting out hiking probably should have picked another one. Views are breathtaking worth the hike

I had always wanted to do this trail and decided to do it with some other folks to see the azaleas in bloom. Other reviews are spot on and that there are no views until you reach the top. However the stunning overlook of Cades Cove is worth the hard effort. If the azaleas are in bloom it makes it all the more worthwhile. This trail is pretty much up up up. The incline started slower than I expected. Most of the elevation is gained probably within a 4 mile span and not spread out over the 5 1/2 miles. However the trail is still quite beautiful moving through dense forest and rhododendron. There are moments of popping out in the sunlight where a recent tornado took trees down.

Love the flaming azalea in Summer! But be warned the yellow jackets that come out of the ground on the trail are fierce. Park service won't do anything about them even if you report where they are.