Greeter Falls Loop and Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop and Greeter Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 518 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful trail and waterfalls. Loved the small windy paths and the rock cliffs. very enjoyable trail.

This is a great trail. With lots of cool aspects!! I really enjoyed.

Great trail and birthday hike!

Bring shoes with some grip because these trails are covered in big rocks and roots! My little dog absolutely loved scurrying over all of the different rocks and roots but I was a little unsure. The waterfall was STUNNING! I had to carry my dog down the spiral metal staircase but otherwise we both did great! I would say it’s a little wilder than “moderate” hiking but worth the trip out to the middle of nowhere to do this one. 10/10 Highly recommend!

Great hike! Went after a lot of rain and it was loud and beautiful

flooded

My family and extended family had a blast today! We had children from 7months to 16 years and they all had fun. There’s a few areas where close monitoring of the children is necessary because there is no guardrails and a high drop off, it’s steep in some areas, but tolerable. The falls are gorgeous and worth it all. Overall we loved it!

The bugs were extremely bad, but overall a great hike.

The wife, myself and our dog had a blast! Our pup loved to wade and swim in the creeks and falls while we had a little picnic by the upper greeter falls.

Absolutely loved this trail! It's worth the effort, especially to get down to the base of the falls.

great hike, the water level wad low when we went in June, it was a great place for the kids, a couple step hills down to pools, but still achievable.

This place was great! It was a bit slippery because it had rained a few days earlier but not terrible. Broadtree falls was beautiful and easy accessible. Greeter falls was even more beautiful and a nice pool at the bottom. Would definitely recommend wet shoes.

I loved this place! highly recommend it. The trails are good and safe. Great family fun.

So many beautiful things to see on this trail! Overlook, falls, bluffs; so worth the trip!

Nice hike - lovely swimming hole!

really nice trail. marked very well, swimming holes, and the dog loved it.

absolutely beautiful waterfall and swimming areas. did loop and it was a. little strenuous but worth it

Great waterfall and amazing swimming hole. There are places to cliff jump into the water hole but be careful, park rangers will escort you off the trail. There’s another trail under construction to make safe for all to access that leads to another but smaller waterfall. If you’re a moderate to experience hiker, the trail isn’t bad at all to follow and loops around the whole park itself.

Nice little Tennessee falls

gorgeous falls! was able to see both falls and the greeter homeplace in a couple leisurely hours. the trail down to the base of greeter falls is definitely steep and not for the faint of heart. but very worth it. main trails are well maintained and white blazed. no park restrooms. did the triangular "loop" (greeter falls to board tree falls to greeter homeplace to parking lot) and my trail map app logged us at 1.2 miles, some very strenuous.

We loved this trail! I wouldn’t suggest it for older people, people with knee issues, or children. There is some climbing on rocks, with some steep parts. It was a little muddy here and there, but it also rained the day before. There are trail markers to show the way. There are multiple things to see, including a great waterfall! The waterfall was really heavy (we went in May). 10/10 would do again!

Parked at Greeter Falls parking area cross the street to the trailhead. We did the Blue Hole Trail first then came back to start Greeter Falls loop trail.. ran into sign that said Boardtree Falls so we went that way. Nice waterfall kinda steep to get to it. It has a upper and lower section hard to get a good picture of the whole thing. Then instead of going back there was a trail to get to Greeter Falls so we followed it . I don’t think it was more than another 1/2 mile to get to Greeter Falls. Love the metal spiral staircase! Lots of rocks to scramble over. The falls are awesome. We sit on the big rocks and put our feet in the water and enjoyed the falls for awhile until we was ready to head back out. Did see a snake on the rocks sun bathing but it jumped in water before I could see what kind. Nice place to swim in the summer.