Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Greeter Falls is beautiful. There is a very narrow metal spiral staircase to get down. There is a short walk up to the upper falls that is worth seeing. Board tree falls is definitely harder to get down to but also worth it. Both falls were full flow when I hiked. I recommend poles for this hike. This was my first hike and I quickly realized how handy trekking poles are.

Great trail, amazing waterfall, fun swimming

Lower Greeter was beautiful, Board Tree was just a trickle. Rock formations on trails to both were amazing. Did not check out Upper Greeter.

I explored the trails to Blue Hole, Greeter Falls, and Broad Tree Falls today with my Doberman. This experience would have received five stars from me, except for my huge disappointment over the fact that I was not able to get down to the bottom of Greeter Falls. As far as I could tell, the only way to the bottom was to use the spiral, steel grate ladder that goes STRAIGHT down, and (understandably), my dog just refused to go down that ladder. I was really disappointed that there was no other way down, especially since I drove 1.5 hours specifically to see Greeter Falls, but the day was salvaged by the fact the Broad Tree Falls were also lovely...and accessible for my Dobe! So, unless you have a smaller dog that you can carry up and down that spiral staircase, don't get your hopes up about hiking to the bottom of Greeter Falls if you're hiking with your pooch. All of the trails are great, though, and very well marked.

Jumped off the falls.