Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of my favorite places.

Great trail, clean, with beautiful falls. The blue hole is nice and past Greeter there is another falls cal led Boardtree that is beautiful as well.

Really loved this one. The falls were beautiful, and the trails too. Lots of cool rock cliffs and old trees. I want to come back and spend more time on these trails!

Late January. Had a great experience hiking this trail - 32 years old, average athleticism and poor conditioning, with very little hiking experience. We did the Blue Hole trail first which leads to what seems like a great swimming area if the waters were a little warmer. Greeter Falls trail starts out wide with a forgiving grade and then gradually becomes the very opposite. Some challenging paths pocked with heavy roots, loose stones, and thin paths on descent were made even more challenging by the ever-increasing downhill grade, mud, and, in some places, icy conditions. The overlooks on the way down were incredible with some interesting cave-like formations as you near the base - some sections may not be for the weary of heights. The final descent is a two- to three-story spiral staircase that was icy at the top, followed by a steel grated two-story staircase that was iced over on 3 consecutive steps. After a mindful 30 minutes of walking, we were rewarded with boulder stacks, a pounding waterfall, and large pools of crystal clear waters. Did not see any kind of picnic area near the falls though we did not venture far from the base due to the cold waters.

Greeter Falls is beautiful. There is a very narrow metal spiral staircase to get down. There is a short walk up to the upper falls that is worth seeing. Board tree falls is definitely harder to get down to but also worth it. Both falls were full flow when I hiked. I recommend poles for this hike. This was my first hike and I quickly realized how handy trekking poles are.

Great trail, amazing waterfall, fun swimming

Lower Greeter was beautiful, Board Tree was just a trickle. Rock formations on trails to both were amazing. Did not check out Upper Greeter.

I explored the trails to Blue Hole, Greeter Falls, and Broad Tree Falls today with my Doberman. This experience would have received five stars from me, except for my huge disappointment over the fact that I was not able to get down to the bottom of Greeter Falls. As far as I could tell, the only way to the bottom was to use the spiral, steel grate ladder that goes STRAIGHT down, and (understandably), my dog just refused to go down that ladder. I was really disappointed that there was no other way down, especially since I drove 1.5 hours specifically to see Greeter Falls, but the day was salvaged by the fact the Broad Tree Falls were also lovely...and accessible for my Dobe! So, unless you have a smaller dog that you can carry up and down that spiral staircase, don't get your hopes up about hiking to the bottom of Greeter Falls if you're hiking with your pooch. All of the trails are great, though, and very well marked.

Jumped off the falls.

It's very beautiful and we'll worth the short hike in and climb down. My wife and I are in our 70s and made it fine. There's a trail leading away from the falls to the secondary falls upstream that's a bit harder, but not bad. Do the entire loop to make it worthwhile.

One of my favorite falls in middle Tennessee, the falls are gorgeous and flow great after recent rainfall. The spiral staircase to get down to the falls may be a problem for some dogs, elderly, and small children. You can also climb to the upper falls, which are less "grand" per-say but still lovely (also gives you a neat look down the lower falls!).

Pretty easy trail with stairs and rails. Does get narrow and close to the cliff edge at times. Absolutely amazing waterfalls to view. Highly recommend!!!!

A pretty short hike that leads to an awesome little swimming hole. The trail down is slippery and uneven at times, which may be a bit of an effort for some, but should be doable even for most out-of-shape folks.

Great day at the falls with my daughter. Hike was moderate but in the 100 degree heat you'll work up a sweat. Easily marked trails take you to a couple areas with falls. Greeter falls is the nugget you want to spend time at. Bring a lunch, towels and water. Spend some time just relaxing. For those of you who can't live without the phone AT&T has a good signal

Absolutely beautiful ❤️

Moderately easy hike with multiple places to view waterfalls and swim! Stairs make it difficult for dogs to go to the base of the waterfall. It wasn't very crowded which made it even better. Will go back again! It's only 1 hour from Murfreesboro.

A little difficult coming back up and if not experienced can be a little difficult snd/or scary at yomes. Absolutely beautiful views.

Loved it. The trail was beautiful. There is a place to swim so bring a swimsuit if the weather is good. The only down side, and the reason I gave it four stars, was that the stairs coming back up was tough. It was also a semi wet trail in some places so I wouldn't go on this hike after it has rained. I would, however, definitely recommend this hike to anyone who wants a great view of a waterfall.

A must do! We drove 1.5 hours to this hike, and it was well worth it. The waterfalls were beautiful, and the trails were well maintained.

Awesome views if you're feeling adventures walk up and down stream. It takes some climbing and a good walking stick, but it was a blast.