Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I explored the trails to Blue Hole, Greeter Falls, and Broad Tree Falls today with my Doberman. This experience would have received five stars from me, except for my huge disappointment over the fact that I was not able to get down to the bottom of Greeter Falls. As far as I could tell, the only way to the bottom was to use the spiral, steel grate ladder that goes STRAIGHT down, and (understandably), my dog just refused to go down that ladder. I was really disappointed that there was no other way down, especially since I drove 1.5 hours specifically to see Greeter Falls, but the day was salvaged by the fact the Broad Tree Falls were also lovely...and accessible for my Dobe! So, unless you have a smaller dog that you can carry up and down that spiral staircase, don't get your hopes up about hiking to the bottom of Greeter Falls if you're hiking with your pooch. All of the trails are great, though, and very well marked.

Jumped off the falls.

It's very beautiful and we'll worth the short hike in and climb down. My wife and I are in our 70s and made it fine. There's a trail leading away from the falls to the secondary falls upstream that's a bit harder, but not bad. Do the entire loop to make it worthwhile.

One of my favorite falls in middle Tennessee, the falls are gorgeous and flow great after recent rainfall. The spiral staircase to get down to the falls may be a problem for some dogs, elderly, and small children. You can also climb to the upper falls, which are less "grand" per-say but still lovely (also gives you a neat look down the lower falls!).

Pretty easy trail with stairs and rails. Does get narrow and close to the cliff edge at times. Absolutely amazing waterfalls to view. Highly recommend!!!!

A pretty short hike that leads to an awesome little swimming hole. The trail down is slippery and uneven at times, which may be a bit of an effort for some, but should be doable even for most out-of-shape folks.

Great day at the falls with my daughter. Hike was moderate but in the 100 degree heat you'll work up a sweat. Easily marked trails take you to a couple areas with falls. Greeter falls is the nugget you want to spend time at. Bring a lunch, towels and water. Spend some time just relaxing. For those of you who can't live without the phone AT&T has a good signal

Absolutely beautiful ❤️