Greeter Falls Loop

Greeter Falls Loop is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Loop

Very beautiful hike this autumn. The water fall was flowing nicely. Easy two mile loop.

Water was high.

awesome!!!!

Great hike down to a stunning waterfall.

Nice trail. Pretty rocky a lot of the way. The falls make it worth it though.

Large, deep water at the bottom. Rock scrambling above and below lower and upper falls. Pretty hike. Flat and then a couple steep rock scrambling parts.

See my review of the longer, combined trail. This is a great hike that you can expand by adding on a couple more trails.

Super easy hike and Greeter Falls is massive and gorgeous. One of my favorite falls in TN.

The loop will show you some beautiful falls and landscape but it’s worth the hike up towards Alum Camp and check out the overlook view. It’s beautiful! It’s further back but easy trails.

To me, this trail was perfect! There were two beautiful waterfalls, a rocky route under the bluffs, and an easier route that led to a gorgeous overlook. Fit, able bodied people will enjoy the rocky scrambles down and up to the base of the falls. T whole trail was shaded. Bring water, snacks, and a towel and have fun!

My 13 yr old daughter and I did this trail. It was easy and short...but lots to look at during the hike. Loved the spiral staircase. It was a fun hike to check off our list.

What a great spot!! Super easy hike! Forewarning for those this four legged friends joining you on the hike. In order to get to the bottom of the falls, you have to go down a grated spiral staircase. Our dog would not go down it and she’s too big to be carried down as well. With that said, the top of the falls was great too!! You can walk around barefoot and if you have small children, this would be a great spot as well. There are plenty of signs stating you can’t jump off the falls but we witnessed some people do it. It’s probably a good 50 foot drop. I wouldn’t recommend it as there are tons of rocks at the bottom but some more exhilarating than I may love this place.

Very accessible trail leading to a refreshingly cool waterfall. Definitely worth the trip!

This trail was a bit more difficult than I expected, but I am also not in great shape. I wouldn't call it difficult, or even moderate, but due to the stairs and more rugged spots, my legs were feeling it. A word of advice, be aware of the blazes. I went to Boardtree Falls first and was not as attentive to the blazes as I should have been because there was something that looked like a trail descending down to the creek. I followed it a ways before I realized it was a bit rougher than I expected and there were no blazes in sight. It was easy enough to backtrack at the point I made that realization (the falls were still in sight), but it was a rather hilly detour.

Absolutely beautiful. Went after a heavy ice and the trail was really slippery but still absolutely stunning

This was my first time here and it was a nice little trail! We really enjoyed it! It rained so the trail had water flowing down towards waterfall and it was frozen on the steps. That was the only spot that was slippery.

Did with my kids. Short and well marked. Some caution necessary near the falls due to bluff, but so worth it!