Greenway Farm

Greenway Farm is a 2.6 mile out and back trail located near Hixson, Tennessee that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cliffs , creek, picnic area, no waterfalls, multiple gravel, paved, and dirt trails

Great walk. Very easy everything is marked well. Trees down on a few trails, but besides that great. Our dog loved it

Great hike! Very peaceful. Watch for copperheads during the summer!

Bonito paseo con bistas al río
Fácil para niños

paddle sports

one of the best places in chattanooga to take your dog. also there's a great paddle boarding creek.

Great place for an easy walk if you have a dog.

kayak there a lot

Visiting from Florida. Had a great hike. Awesome place!

Great easy trail with a dog.

Excellent beginner hike. Some good Hills and great scenery. According to my Fitbit it was 4.01 miles but I took a wrong turn

I walk here several times a week, not easy because of going up and across the ridge but beautiful place to walk. Have to watch for snakes here. I usually see several during summer and some Copperheads.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I love this place, first trail I decided to check out. Glad I did

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

good walk with kids

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spectacular views of the funky greenish water from the limestone rock and the quarry where the rock for Chickamauga damn came from. Dog friendly park with plenty of room to walk and play.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

hey, that's pretty good!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Left out a three mile flat section. Has very challenging hills that also not on the map. Great for walking, biking and kayaking on the Chicamauga Creek.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Easy access. Cliff at quary is amazing. The boy scout trail is fun.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

It is so pretty! 10/10 would recommend

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Relaxing and beautiful

Saturday, August 27, 2016

My favorite park for unicycle riding.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The Park was nice and paved, it was a good walk and very cleaned.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Nice morning walk.

Friday, April 29, 2016

easy for kids, query is beautiful

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Great

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great for kids

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Love it for running, walking the dog, picnic with the family, kite flying.... It's a great place.

Friday, November 20, 2015

We hike mostly the easy trails because we have a 3 year old and a 7 year old. This is a lovely place to visit for an afternoon walk. The trails are wide and clear. There are some beautiful photo spots along the way.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Very nice place to ride bicycle or walk. We have even canoed the creek before is was upgraded and became popular. Close to home for the Chattanooga area. Great all times of the year

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Greenway is a great place to go and walk/run with the family or alone. It has enough variation in such a small area to mix up treks for different days. Good mix of trail and road work if you want to vary your type of run. I like it year round, especially in the summer around 80-90 degree weather. There are less people but saying hello to others is never a hassle there. Most people are friendly. Greenway is nicely maintained except during the annual Mud Run and it is almost impossible to get lost there. Go explore it! Low difficulty depending on how hard you take the hills and easily accessible.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

This is a lovely little trail and pretty little area. On my lighter days I come visit for a quick workout.
I like to veer off the gorge trail and head up the hill to the adventure challenge trails and Boy Scout trails. That part is strenuous for a short distance.
When I run the field and then the Boy Scout trail then around the lower loop and back, I get just over 7 miles in.
I also appreciate the bathroom at the dog park!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I like a little bit of climbing in my hike, and the feeling that I am far removed from civilization, so Greenway isn't one of my favorites. But it's a very easy level hike, and it's a decent way to wear out your dog if the dog park didn't do it.

I went in the summer, and it was too hot to be really adventurous.... but there is supposed to be a quarry somewhere and I never did find it.

There is an abandoned shack with some rocking chairs overlooking the river, which is fabulous. Finding abandoned buildings in places like this just makes my day... especially when I happen to have my camera handy. :)

They are working on this trail, and it is a nice little nature walk with benches and such conveniently placed for tired walkers and joggers. They also have a lot of wildflowers and the trail mostly runs alongside the river. It's pretty, well-maintained, and long enough to count as exercise... just not necessarily my cup of tea.