Glen Falls Trail

Glen Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lookout Mountain, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Awesome short hike with lots to see! When you get to the bridge, you're about half way there. Go about 50' further and take the stone stairs to your right. You will pass through a stone door in the rock. Coming out of the rock you will be overlooking the bridge. Continue along side the creek for about another 1/4 mile. You will pass several small cascades (when it's recently rained) and the path will meander from the forest beside the creek down into the stones and sand of the creek. Keep going until you find the cascade that is about 50 yards from Ochs Road (you will see and hear cars through the trees). There are some old white blazes for the main trail and blue blazes for the trail from the stone stairs and stone door to the cascade. Happy hiking!

Excellent morning walk with the kids. Ours are 18months, 4 and 5 years old. We carried the 18months old but the other two held their own. It took about 1 hour round trip. The kids were able to get in the waterfall and play around to cool off. Path was well market and maintained. Would get there early to get parking as it is limited.

The trail is a nice little, " I have a few hours " trail but the reason I gave it three stars is due to the fact that the parking is inadequate and the trail, towards the end, isn't really a trail anymore. It just disappears and comes out onto a highway. I will say that half way through there is a nice little waterfall.

Glen Falls was a great, short hike with an incredible reward at the end! We took our 6 and 4 year olds and they did great on the trail, I definitely recommend it for kids! Once you get to the first water fall, stop and take in the beauty and then head on down the trail a bit. Take the rock stairs up through the rock pass through for some more water and a cascading waterfall. The parking is just a pull off so there isn't much room. I would recommend trying to go when there might not be as much traffic so you are more likely to get a parking space!

I loved this short hike! Parking was a bit of an issue as the lot is just a turn out on a mountain road! The hike itself was fantastic! The path is well kept and easy to find. There are lots of big rocks for climbing on. There is a small pool my kids were wading in. And a fun rock staircase that leads through a rock tunnel. Lots of great paths and rocks to explore!

Amazingly fun. Easy trail in. There is a small cave by falls that takes you up the river. This trail is on a slow car pull off near rock city on two lane mountain road, so can be tricky to find, but well worth it. Also trail is a tad steeper on way out. Not bad just fyi.

Easy, nice walk. There were a couple of trees down on the trail above the falls, but otherwise great morning walk!

We had a great time hiking this with our family including a 6 yr old, 9 yr old, and 2 yr old that walked some and rode in a hiking backpack some. Perfect length for little legs with the pretty falls to reward their hard work. For hikers with children, please note that if you go through the rock door formation just past the falls, keep your children very close, preferably with an adult leading. Our excited kids hustled through the door while I worked my way through with the baby in her hiking backpack, and I was very surprised at the steep drop over the top of the waterfall from the rocks just on the other side of the door. My kids were the first to come up on it and I was caught off-guard by that danger spot. Once you're past there, the rocks in the water make for some fun exploring. The water is so clear! I was really glad we made it up there because we had so much fun, but I'm a little surprised that this drop-off hasn't been previously mentioned by other family hikers. In sum, it was an awesome morning there, minus that spot of panic. Have fun and be safe!