Gatlinburg Trail

Gatlinburg Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike along a beautiful creek

Beautiful in winter! Lots of people over the holidays though. Took an hour just to get through Gatlinburg to the trail head. Last part was on the side of the road as well. But lots of trees and the river was flowing fast!

If you’re coming from the Sugarlands Visitor Center you have to walk along a road for a little bit and past a workers building before the trail becomes more like an actual hiking trail. However, when you get to the actual trail it’s beautiful! Lots of good views and great for the dogs.

nice walk along the beautiful rolling stream

Loved the river views. Only trail that allowed dogs. So we Hiked it 4x.

nice walk with the dogs !!! very easy...

Decent walk with our dog. Way too much road noise for us. Nice river to wade in. Lots of gnats. We wish GSM was more dog friendly so we could have more hiking options.

Nice leisure walk with out dog. However the beginning of the trail is not well marked, you walk through some parking lots, then down the road until you actually get onto the trail.

Good trail. Starts at the south end of Gatlinburg. Easy access to the trail. You can get to it from the strip in Gatlinburg.

Decent trail, dog friendly on a leash. Labor Day weekend so it was a bit heavy traffic.

A great walk on the Gatlinburg trail to wake me up for the day. This trail is very easy: it is covered in gravel, has light and gentle hills, and is mostly away from traffic. I went early enough that I only saw two others on the way back, but if it were later I suspect there would be more.

Too easy, part of the trail goes along busy roads.

Super easy trail to walk along and very well maintained. The AllTrails app shows that the trail starts in Gatlinburg off of River Road or from the Sugarland Visitor Center. However, we drove down "Park Headquarters Road" until you wind up in the Maintenance Building's parking lot with nowhere else to go. Off to the right is a parking lot for the trailhead and there is also overflow parking behind this spot which I presume is parking for the park workers during the day. From this point from the maintenance building parking lot to the trailhead in Gatlinburg on "River Road" is 1.35 miles (2.7 round trip). We left at 8:18pm and arrived back at 9:24. it got dark pretty quick so it was our first (and unplanned) "night" hike as well. The Gatlinburg side has more people walking into the trail to a section where you can easily walk down to the creek and wade into it so there were more tourists than hikers at that end. The sound of the creek was great to listen to as you walk along it down the entire path. The other thing is that the road does too so we got to enjoy the unique sounds of Harley Davidson every now and then as well. My wife and I had a nice breeze, great temperature, creek was babbling the entire way, no bugs, and was a nice stroll, we gave it 5 stars since it was truly enjoyable and hope we can do it again.

Excellent trail for my canine friend

Nice little walk with my wife and two little girls, the girls really liked being by the water the whole time

This was a nice trail close to the city.

Great trail run from downtown Gatlinburg...well groomed trails, pretty river views for 90% of it. Then finish with visiting the headless horseman and stop for a sample of whiskey.

We were looking for an easy trail to ride our bikes on and were not disappointed! It is a little tricky to find from the Sugarland Visitor Center, but if you go behind the building and down to the next ranger building, your I will find it.

Chose this trail because it was fog friendly, had I realized part of it was walking roadside I probably would have chosen a different trail.