Gatlinburg Trail

Gatlinburg Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail. Starts at the south end of Gatlinburg. Easy access to the trail. You can get to it from the strip in Gatlinburg.

Decent trail, dog friendly on a leash. Labor Day weekend so it was a bit heavy traffic.

A great walk on the Gatlinburg trail to wake me up for the day. This trail is very easy: it is covered in gravel, has light and gentle hills, and is mostly away from traffic. I went early enough that I only saw two others on the way back, but if it were later I suspect there would be more.

Too easy, part of the trail goes along busy roads.

Super easy trail to walk along and very well maintained. The AllTrails app shows that the trail starts in Gatlinburg off of River Road or from the Sugarland Visitor Center. However, we drove down "Park Headquarters Road" until you wind up in the Maintenance Building's parking lot with nowhere else to go. Off to the right is a parking lot for the trailhead and there is also overflow parking behind this spot which I presume is parking for the park workers during the day. From this point from the maintenance building parking lot to the trailhead in Gatlinburg on "River Road" is 1.35 miles (2.7 round trip). We left at 8:18pm and arrived back at 9:24. it got dark pretty quick so it was our first (and unplanned) "night" hike as well. The Gatlinburg side has more people walking into the trail to a section where you can easily walk down to the creek and wade into it so there were more tourists than hikers at that end. The sound of the creek was great to listen to as you walk along it down the entire path. The other thing is that the road does too so we got to enjoy the unique sounds of Harley Davidson every now and then as well. My wife and I had a nice breeze, great temperature, creek was babbling the entire way, no bugs, and was a nice stroll, we gave it 5 stars since it was truly enjoyable and hope we can do it again.

Excellent trail for my canine friend