Learn more

Gallaher Bend Greenway is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Oak Ridge, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 439 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice hike on a gravel road closed to any traffic. Mostly shaded. Some overlooks of water in the distance.

We went yesterday around 6pm. Not a soul on the trail. Almost feels like private property. The woods are dark and beautiful and then it opens to a hillside meadow and waterway. It is a large gravel road the whole way-but that would be good if you had a group of people.

My daughter and I went on a Sunday morning around 9:30 and had the whole trail to ourselves. It was nice, but I definitely wouldn’t feel safe doing it alone. Beautiful view at the end. Very gravelly, but you get used to it. Mostly shaded except for the walk from the parking lot to the trailhead.

Pleasant run on a gravel road through the forest. A few mountain bikers but otherwise empty trail on evening run.

Sun May 26 2019

that 4.7 is likely round trip. nice undulating gravel road. large open area at the end.

Mon Sep 17 2018

The trail is actually a gravel road, which is why I only gave it two stars. Definitely an easy walk, though. I’m pretty out of shape but I barely broke a sweat after four miles. The gate was closed so I called the number on it, and the lady I talked to was very nice and told me the park *was* open — we just had to park at the gate and walk to the trailhead a half mile away. Not a big deal, just FYI.

Tue Mar 06 2018

DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Drove 45 minutes to hike here with my dog and there are signs all over saying “NO PETS ALLOWED.”

Sat Jul 22 2017

easy. trail quite far from the lake

Sat Jul 08 2017

beautiful and easy hike to get exercise

recorded Gallaher Bend Greenway