Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop

Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequatchie, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Beautiful but strenuous on Climbers Access!

Short and super sweet!! Amazing waterfall!!! Super clean. Not that easy, not that hard for beginners. Love the place. I’m coming back for sure!!

We took our 4 kids (ages 8,5,3, & 3months) on this hike down to the falls yesterday and had a great time! We had to go pretty slow to climb our way down to the falls, but everyone did well. And the way back up was much easier for me with the baby in her carrier than going down. The falls were beautiful and since it had recently rained they were very strong. The water was very cold so the kids didn’t want to swim for long. It was quite busy while we were there and there were several people smoking that really took away from the otherwise natural and beautiful scene. Gorgeous views and my husband loved climbing up and around the falls. Great day trip.

Quick hike and great swimming hole. Beautiful falls, impressive rockfaces. Awesome spot to pack a lunch and take the kids and dogs. Descent is steep and rocky so be careful! And please LEAVE NO TRACE.

The trail to the base of the waterfall is a bit steep and gets really rocky at some points, but definitely worth it! Great area to swim too! One of my favorite hikes so far.

Good Hike. beautiful waterfall

Awesome trail! Very rocky at some parts but so worth it!

Great trail and beautiful waterfall! took a little over an hour hours but we stopped a few times for pictures and to enjoy the waterfall. about halfway it gets a bit rocky but overall not too bad and will definitely be back!

Absolutely stunning views. Not suited for all ages/levels in my opinion. My dog hated the suspension bridge so be aware if that will be an issue for you. Worth it though for the great falls and rock faces

Absolutely beautiful hike- we took a slightly different route, and would definitely rate this trail as moderate-difficult. Full review and more pics coming soon to our blog www.Wander-Full-Life.com ✨

Breathtaking the first time you see it. One of my all time favorite hikes and waterfall.

Beautiful area!!!❤

Love this trail completely

Great place for a hammock and oh what a beautiful plunge type waterfall

Beautiful falls. There are many places to hang out when it is busy so you won't​ have to be near other hikers. There are also some good hammocking trees for those who like to do that.

Chose this hike because of the recent rain. I was not disappointed. The sight and the sound of the water made the day. Very rocky on the way down but slow and steady.

1.21.18 Great little day hike my boyfriend and I did in the afternoon. We got amazing photos of the falls when it was frozen over with ice.

Beautiful. You can add on a portion of the Fiery Gizzard trail to increase mileage as well.

This trail-head is extremely easy to find with Google Maps from the app. It is a popular area for climbing and if you go late in the day you are sure to see the parking lot full of rock climbers.

To start, the length listed above is extremely misleading. The walk from the parking lot to the waterfall is at most 10 minutes. It is straight down, on a steep but very easy to navigate trail. There is a nice little suspension bridge followed immediately by the waterfall which is in a neat little basin. The scenery is nice but the hike is just too short.

Now there is another trail to the left once you cross the bridge but I was unsure of where it lead when I reached the falls and I had a long itinerary of hikes to do that day so I decided to just head out after seeing the falls. Overall I would skip this one unless you are going for fall colors or want to relax at a pool and waterfall (nothing wrong with that!). There are much nicer trails in the area if you are looking for an actual hike.

stunning....

Fantastic views. Tough trail. Crystal clear water. Take a left at the waterfall for a little more serenity.

Just beautiful!!!

Wow!! Easy to get down and stunning!! Dog friendly, easy follow, clearly marked.

Beautiful waterfall and swimming hole

This is a gorgeous waterfall, and sits in a beautiful rock amphitheater shaped area. Crossing a bridge just adds to the charm of this waterfall.

Love it! Just a little steep, but I made it around the the whole thing!

it isn't a loop. We hiked way past the other red lines, but no loop. it is a beautiful rocky trail, even past the waterfall.

The Hike down is not hard at all and not that far, it's about a 10 to 15min hike to the waterfall, If you go somewhat slow and take your time you will have no problems. The rocks are kind of slick when rains but It's worth the hike down once you get to the falls. The hike up isn't bad either.

It's not a long hike but well worth it.. straight down and straight up... very beautiful... going back for a long hike soon.. Fiery Gizzard to Foster Falls