Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop

Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequatchie, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great little hike and the waterfall is small but pretty. Go early so you can enjoy it alone for a while. Hike was a good change overall. I think maybe a lot of folks here didn’t do the hike noted here. This takes you through the climbers access trail which is semi well marked. I went down and around climbers at one point so I didn’t disrupt them.

Was well-maintained and easy to follow, fairly difficult at times although the waterfall was beautiful.

This is a great quick little hike! It’s very steep and be careful if there was fresh rain. There’s a suspension bridge you need to cross to get to the falls that many dogs don’t like and we had to carry ours across. Good swimming dogs will have no problems crossing the creek though

Beautiful hike. Definitely steep in places. Adventured out with all 5 kids and it was appropriate for all of them ages 5-15! Take your bathing suit, the falls were gorgeous and we swam for awhile. We’ll definitely be making return trips.
Also, super clean and well marked. Big fan of this area.

Great hike with great views. The trail is marked well and very clean. Make sure to bring a swim suit. Trail is a little steep in places but the views are worth it.

Enjoyed hiking here the Falls was lovely great spot to just hang around and go for a quick swim, also a great place to rock climb

Beautiful hike. Accidentally took the climbers loops so it was longer and more intense than I had planned but worth it. Some times a wrong turn is awesome!

Took this hike Sunday Aug. 19.
I went to the right and took the climbers loop. I went down onto the climbers loop at the first drop down then came up at the second. Doubled back and took the loop to the falls. The falls was worth the trip.
ended up going 3.5 miles and had an elevation climb of 800 feet total.
Word of advise, don't take the climbers loop if you aren't in good trail condition. It's a high moderate and you will climb some height.
will do this again.

rock climbing

Was a nice hike to the falls, recommend going in to the right at entrance so you end at the falls. Took climbers access 2 and ended with 2.5 miles total

Fun little hike and easy to do with smaller children. Hike to the base of the waterfall is short and the swimming hole is a lot of fun. We did the loop on the way out and was moderate in a couple of spots and was maybe 1.5 miles or so. We had 4 kids (13, 13, 10 & 10), and they did just fine. Fun little rock formations to play on.

My husband and I took our kids (10 & 6) on this loop. We loved it! The only problem was that we missed the memo that we were supposed to turn on climber’s access #1 to make the turn back, and instead added an extra mile to our loop by turning onto climber’s access #2. Be ready for rocky, climby fun with some gorgeous sights!

Beautiful but strenuous on Climbers Access!

Short and super sweet!! Amazing waterfall!!! Super clean. Not that easy, not that hard for beginners. Love the place. I’m coming back for sure!!

We took our 4 kids (ages 8,5,3, & 3months) on this hike down to the falls yesterday and had a great time! We had to go pretty slow to climb our way down to the falls, but everyone did well. And the way back up was much easier for me with the baby in her carrier than going down. The falls were beautiful and since it had recently rained they were very strong. The water was very cold so the kids didn’t want to swim for long. It was quite busy while we were there and there were several people smoking that really took away from the otherwise natural and beautiful scene. Gorgeous views and my husband loved climbing up and around the falls. Great day trip.

Quick hike and great swimming hole. Beautiful falls, impressive rockfaces. Awesome spot to pack a lunch and take the kids and dogs. Descent is steep and rocky so be careful! And please LEAVE NO TRACE.

The trail to the base of the waterfall is a bit steep and gets really rocky at some points, but definitely worth it! Great area to swim too! One of my favorite hikes so far.

Good Hike. beautiful waterfall

Awesome trail! Very rocky at some parts but so worth it!

Great trail and beautiful waterfall! took a little over an hour hours but we stopped a few times for pictures and to enjoy the waterfall. about halfway it gets a bit rocky but overall not too bad and will definitely be back!

Absolutely stunning views. Not suited for all ages/levels in my opinion. My dog hated the suspension bridge so be aware if that will be an issue for you. Worth it though for the great falls and rock faces

Absolutely beautiful hike- we took a slightly different route, and would definitely rate this trail as moderate-difficult. Full review and more pics coming soon to our blog www.Wander-Full-Life.com ✨

Breathtaking the first time you see it. One of my all time favorite hikes and waterfall.

Beautiful area!!!❤

Love this trail completely

Great place for a hammock and oh what a beautiful plunge type waterfall

Beautiful falls. There are many places to hang out when it is busy so you won't​ have to be near other hikers. There are also some good hammocking trees for those who like to do that.

Chose this hike because of the recent rain. I was not disappointed. The sight and the sound of the water made the day. Very rocky on the way down but slow and steady.

1.21.18 Great little day hike my boyfriend and I did in the afternoon. We got amazing photos of the falls when it was frozen over with ice.

Beautiful. You can add on a portion of the Fiery Gizzard trail to increase mileage as well.

This trail-head is extremely easy to find with Google Maps from the app. It is a popular area for climbing and if you go late in the day you are sure to see the parking lot full of rock climbers.

To start, the length listed above is extremely misleading. The walk from the parking lot to the waterfall is at most 10 minutes. It is straight down, on a steep but very easy to navigate trail. There is a nice little suspension bridge followed immediately by the waterfall which is in a neat little basin. The scenery is nice but the hike is just too short.

Now there is another trail to the left once you cross the bridge but I was unsure of where it lead when I reached the falls and I had a long itinerary of hikes to do that day so I decided to just head out after seeing the falls. Overall I would skip this one unless you are going for fall colors or want to relax at a pool and waterfall (nothing wrong with that!). There are much nicer trails in the area if you are looking for an actual hike.