Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop

Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequatchie, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

This trail-head is extremely easy to find with Google Maps from the app. It is a popular area for climbing and if you go late in the day you are sure to see the parking lot full of rock climbers.

To start, the length listed above is extremely misleading. The walk from the parking lot to the waterfall is at most 10 minutes. It is straight down, on a steep but very easy to navigate trail. There is a nice little suspension bridge followed immediately by the waterfall which is in a neat little basin. The scenery is nice but the hike is just too short.

Now there is another trail to the left once you cross the bridge but I was unsure of where it lead when I reached the falls and I had a long itinerary of hikes to do that day so I decided to just head out after seeing the falls. Overall I would skip this one unless you are going for fall colors or want to relax at a pool and waterfall (nothing wrong with that!). There are much nicer trails in the area if you are looking for an actual hike.

stunning....

Fantastic views. Tough trail. Crystal clear water. Take a left at the waterfall for a little more serenity.

Just beautiful!!!

Wow!! Easy to get down and stunning!! Dog friendly, easy follow, clearly marked.

Beautiful waterfall and swimming hole

This is a gorgeous waterfall, and sits in a beautiful rock amphitheater shaped area. Crossing a bridge just adds to the charm of this waterfall.

Love it! Just a little steep, but I made it around the the whole thing!

it isn't a loop. We hiked way past the other red lines, but no loop. it is a beautiful rocky trail, even past the waterfall.

The Hike down is not hard at all and not that far, it's about a 10 to 15min hike to the waterfall, If you go somewhat slow and take your time you will have no problems. The rocks are kind of slick when rains but It's worth the hike down once you get to the falls. The hike up isn't bad either.

It's not a long hike but well worth it.. straight down and straight up... very beautiful... going back for a long hike soon.. Fiery Gizzard to Foster Falls

Trail was HARD! It's basically straight up and down and pretty much nothing but rocks. It's beautiful once you get down to the water, but I never thought I would make back to the top once I made it down.

This trail was quick and awesome ! It's steep and mostly rock...haven't been hiking in years so for us it was a little hard going down but the climb up was easy. The waterfalls are beautiful and after making it down it felt good to go for a swim.

Great hike, the falls were full today .

Awesome hiking trail and beautiful scenery, it's worth the day just seeing the waterfalls.

We hiked the climbers loop. Lots of scrambling on rock. Wonderful area!

great quick hike

Wasen't far to waterfall. rocky trail but my 7year old girl tackled it like a beast with me. we had a blast.

Really enjoyed our hike. We went to the bottom of the falls (left out of parking lot) and descended to the bottom of the falls. Beautiful. Followed the climbers loop to the second access. This section was rocky and climbed eventually to top of the ridge. Chatted up the climbers and listened to the creek. Looped back on top on the main trail back to the falls. About 2 hours. Going the other direction would have had us descending the climbers loop which would have been more difficult but we could have swam near the falls. Great day loop.