Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop

Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequatchie, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

The trail to the base of the waterfall is a bit steep and gets really rocky at some points, but definitely worth it! Great area to swim too! One of my favorite hikes so far.

Good Hike. beautiful waterfall

Awesome trail! Very rocky at some parts but so worth it!

Great trail and beautiful waterfall! took a little over an hour hours but we stopped a few times for pictures and to enjoy the waterfall. about halfway it gets a bit rocky but overall not too bad and will definitely be back!

Absolutely stunning views. Not suited for all ages/levels in my opinion. My dog hated the suspension bridge so be aware if that will be an issue for you. Worth it though for the great falls and rock faces

Absolutely beautiful hike- we took a slightly different route, and would definitely rate this trail as moderate-difficult. Full review and more pics coming soon to our blog www.Wander-Full-Life.com ✨

Breathtaking the first time you see it. One of my all time favorite hikes and waterfall.

Beautiful area!!!❤

Love this trail completely

Great place for a hammock and oh what a beautiful plunge type waterfall

Beautiful falls. There are many places to hang out when it is busy so you won't​ have to be near other hikers. There are also some good hammocking trees for those who like to do that.

Chose this hike because of the recent rain. I was not disappointed. The sight and the sound of the water made the day. Very rocky on the way down but slow and steady.

1.21.18 Great little day hike my boyfriend and I did in the afternoon. We got amazing photos of the falls when it was frozen over with ice.

Beautiful. You can add on a portion of the Fiery Gizzard trail to increase mileage as well.

This trail-head is extremely easy to find with Google Maps from the app. It is a popular area for climbing and if you go late in the day you are sure to see the parking lot full of rock climbers.

To start, the length listed above is extremely misleading. The walk from the parking lot to the waterfall is at most 10 minutes. It is straight down, on a steep but very easy to navigate trail. There is a nice little suspension bridge followed immediately by the waterfall which is in a neat little basin. The scenery is nice but the hike is just too short.

Now there is another trail to the left once you cross the bridge but I was unsure of where it lead when I reached the falls and I had a long itinerary of hikes to do that day so I decided to just head out after seeing the falls. Overall I would skip this one unless you are going for fall colors or want to relax at a pool and waterfall (nothing wrong with that!). There are much nicer trails in the area if you are looking for an actual hike.

stunning....

Fantastic views. Tough trail. Crystal clear water. Take a left at the waterfall for a little more serenity.

Just beautiful!!!

Wow!! Easy to get down and stunning!! Dog friendly, easy follow, clearly marked.

Beautiful waterfall and swimming hole

This is a gorgeous waterfall, and sits in a beautiful rock amphitheater shaped area. Crossing a bridge just adds to the charm of this waterfall.

Love it! Just a little steep, but I made it around the the whole thing!

it isn't a loop. We hiked way past the other red lines, but no loop. it is a beautiful rocky trail, even past the waterfall.

The Hike down is not hard at all and not that far, it's about a 10 to 15min hike to the waterfall, If you go somewhat slow and take your time you will have no problems. The rocks are kind of slick when rains but It's worth the hike down once you get to the falls. The hike up isn't bad either.

It's not a long hike but well worth it.. straight down and straight up... very beautiful... going back for a long hike soon.. Fiery Gizzard to Foster Falls

Trail was HARD! It's basically straight up and down and pretty much nothing but rocks. It's beautiful once you get down to the water, but I never thought I would make back to the top once I made it down.

This trail was quick and awesome ! It's steep and mostly rock...haven't been hiking in years so for us it was a little hard going down but the climb up was easy. The waterfalls are beautiful and after making it down it felt good to go for a swim.

Great hike, the falls were full today .

Awesome hiking trail and beautiful scenery, it's worth the day just seeing the waterfalls.