Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop

Foster Falls Small Wild Area Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequatchie, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

great quick hike

Wasen't far to waterfall. rocky trail but my 7year old girl tackled it like a beast with me. we had a blast.

Really enjoyed our hike. We went to the bottom of the falls (left out of parking lot) and descended to the bottom of the falls. Beautiful. Followed the climbers loop to the second access. This section was rocky and climbed eventually to top of the ridge. Chatted up the climbers and listened to the creek. Looped back on top on the main trail back to the falls. About 2 hours. Going the other direction would have had us descending the climbers loop which would have been more difficult but we could have swam near the falls. Great day loop.

The hike down to the falls takes a maximum of like 20 mins. It's a pretty steep one but well worth it. the water stays cold even in the heart of summer.

beautiful waterfall. we walked on the very rocky lower trail to loop to the easier upper trail

Hiked down to the falls then to Small Wild camp ground. Camped then back out the next morning. Beautiful views nice weather. Would be great day hike.

Great hike... great for swimming and rock climbing

really nice waterfall right at the beginning of the hike. can swim, but very cold year round. very awesome cliff views at the top. one of my favorite trails in TN!

A friend recommended this as a great water site. I didn't know what to expect so when I saw it was bolder climbing I was a little nervous and excited. The trail is marked with markers to guide you. The view was amazing!! Places to sit and soak your feet, swim in and around the falls. Take a hammock it is a great place to rest and rejuvenate. It is crowded when the weather is nice and warm, but with it. The trip up is a little rough if you aren't used to hiking and are out of shape but I didn't mind.

Not moderate...For me anyway!

We started off at the Overlook went down to the bottom and then took climbers loop. It was somewhat of a workout climbing thru the rocks but we had so much fun. We missed the loop and went straight and it dead ended at a waterfall which was gorgeous. Went back the way we came and went back up climbers loop 2nd access and back to the campground. Went 3 miles and it was worth EVERY step!! Loved this beautiful trail!!!